Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

`The No Cry Sleep Solution` book experiences

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

`The No Cry Sleep Solution` book experiences

I`m just reading this now and thinking about my plan. Although I follow a lot of the suggestions already, I`m eager to start with the rest in hopes of catching a few more winks 8 months down the road here.

Does anyone have any experience with this book? How did it work for you?

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    I read both 'No Cry Sleep Solution' and 'No Cry Nap Solution', nothing worked. At last I was soooo tired as I wasn't able to get any sleep at all and was so frustrated cuz none of the solutions work, so I just let my baby cry out as I have no energy to deal with her anymore, and you know what, that works.

The book is more for breastfeeding mum and stay-at-home mum, which I was neither by then.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Shenzhennifer

My son is around the same age as yours...and I was tempted to buy this book too. Instead I loosely follow the Baby Whisperer technique of pick up and put down. The first few nights are exhausting as you can do it a hundred times but it does get easier. Eventually you just get used to patting while he lays in his cot. I started at 6 weeks and he was really good up until 4 months...when we moved back to Australia and his routine got turned upside down by well meaning relatives.

I could be a bit stricter with my son but I hate to hear him cry too. And just recently he has had a bad cold so its been me and him sleeping in the spare bed. Now he is better I've got to get him back to his own cot. They are only little once and I do enjoy sleeping with him, but I know it can't last forever.

Good luck and I hope you get some sleep soon :)

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Karmah1, curious how many times you did the 'pick up, put down' a night, and how soon before you start seeing improvement?

The first night I tried it when he was 6 weeks, I think I counted about 76 times! But the next night it was under 50 and the next around 20...it did work within a week, till he was down to maybe 1-2 times pick up and put down and then it was just some shhhh and patting in his hammock. I would recommend starting on a Friday night so you can rest over the weekend!

Unfortunatley he got out of his good routine and sleep patern when we moved back to Australia, when we finally settled in our own place and it was less than 10 times when I started again and it improved over a week.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    karmah1 - I also read the Baby Whisperer. I quite liked it and did plan to go through with the whole PU/PD thing. I do mini versions of it, and it actually helps a bit. But I hold him too long, because he`s just so delicious, especially when the poor thing is upset, I can`t bear to put him down right away. What a wus I am:) But I have also just been lazy, I guess, about doing what you did because I know what it will entail. I also feel that it`s bc of my own `accidental parenting` that I put him in this position to begin with, so I feel like it`s almost punishing him in a tiny way. So I still want to try Pantley`s method. I figure I have gone 8 months like this, what`s a little longer if it`s effective?
    gladyswly - I am a BFing stay at home mom, though not a co-sleeper, so the book is a pretty good fit for me. i`m glad you found sleep doing it another way.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Thanks karmah1. 76 times!!! You have amazing patience. May I ask how long you hold him each time?

Obiwan, i only held him till he stopped crying and was settled. Having a baby has certainly made me more patient than I was in my former life!!

Shenzhennifer, I know what you mean...I've also been lazy at times and held him that little bit longer, especially when he has been sick. Now he is a little older I don't rush in straight away. On most occasions he is just complaining and whinging rather than crying and he will often put himself to sleep. I wish you all the best with Pantley's method, keep us updated!