Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Urgent: Good kindergarten in Western district

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

Urgent: Good kindergarten in Western district

Hi everyone

We are moving to Sheung Wan with a 3 year old boy and also changing his kindergarten, are there any good kindergarten with reasonable school fee in Sheung Wan or nearby?

yonge is offline Registered User
    How about Wisely Kindergarten or True Light Kindergarten on Caine Road? I will be sending my 2 year old to Wisely for 2010-2011, but looked at both. Classes are conducted predominantly in English, with some time spent in English and Mandarin. I really liked the people I met at Wisely - they were patient and caring with me, as opposed to the rude responses to the inquiries I made at the "big-name" schools - Suzhe, Victoria, etc. He'll be joining his brother in an international school, so we were really looking for a lovely environment for a couple of years as opposed to preparation for interviews, etc. I don't know what schools their 'graduates' go, but I'm sure they'll be happy to answer your any questions you may have. Good luck!

I want my son to be going to local primary school ,so are these two suitable for him, how about the school fees, I can't afford to spend more than 4000/month.

For Nursery, it's HK$2,280/month for half day (three hours) and HK$3,950/month for full day. For K1-K3, it's HK$2,000/month for half day and HK$2,880/month for full day. The school also participates in the government voucher scheme for kindergarten, which subsidizes HK$10,000 for schools that charge less than HK$24,000 a year when your child reaches a certain age. Hope this helps!

Thanks very much, I will check on Wisely but not sure about True light, is the medium of instruction chinese there?

True Light is Cantonese as well with some English and Mandarin. You might find this link useful. Also the voucher seems to have increased to HK$12,000.

http://kgp.proj.hkedcity.net/pdf/2/tc/school_3567.pdf

I think you will also like this website. You can find all the schools that are participating in the voucher scheme here and look up the profiles of the individual school:
    ????? Kindergartens Profile

Good luck!

pameladell30 is offline Registered User

Wisely Kindergarten

Now, I'm confused, on the other thread, they said Wisely is a canto-school but then the above says they teach predominantly in English...