- 09-14-2009, 09:15 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
My son's teacher "strongly suggest" that I should have my son's IQ tested. . . has anyone had that done before? If so, where and how much?
3 years ago, my son's kindy teacher did ask me to have his EQ tested, and I didn't do it as I thought he was too young (3.5 at that time), but now I am hesitant to ignore the suggestion. Any comments/recommendations appreciated.
- 09-15-2009, 08:55 AM #2
Your local Doctor may be able to help suggest a psychologist to do the test. We went to Dr Yvonne Becher in DB but I think she works in Central too. You could try 2987 7575 and see where she works in Central
- 11-09-2009, 11:48 AM #3Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2004
As an FYI. . . in case someone needs this for future reference. . . This is a list of IQ testing center that I got from my son's school:
中心/ 機構名稱 機構性質
1. 香港小童群益會 (Assessment Centre)電話: 2520 2950 志願機構
2. 邁步兒童發展中心電話: 2899 2993 私人
3. 新領域潛能發展中心 私人
4. HK EP Services Centre Ltd電話: 28571709 私人
5. Spectrum Psychological Services電話: 2525 0010 私人
6. 尤德夫人兒童體能智力測驗中心電話: 2727 8474 政府 ? 需排期約一年
I've made phone calls to some and here's a brief summary:
1 They only administer test in Chinese
2. Quoted $4,500 for the English IQ test. STEP Center for Child Development
3. I did not contact them as I did not find a phone number
4. $5,000 for the english test, using Wescsler Intelligence Scale for Children - Fourth Edition. . . supposedly the Chinese version will be cheaper. Hong Kong EP Services Centre Ltd
5. quoted $3,500 Spectrum Psychological Services
6. Did not contact them as it requires approx one-year waiting list??
Hope that someone will find this helpful. Rani, if I've posted anything inappropriate, ie the rates or web address, please feel free to edit.
- 11-09-2009, 11:51 AM #4
Looks great! Thanks for sharing.
- By putput in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 13Last Post: 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM
- By Sarahmum in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 06-16-2009, 11:01 AM
- By Lucylou in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 03-14-2008, 08:06 PM
- By hkmama in forum PreconceptionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-20-2007, 03:59 PM
- By shri in forum SupportReplies: 0Last Post: 09-22-2006, 12:13 PM