Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone installed CCTV ??

MamaC is offline Registered User

Anyone installed CCTV ??

Hi...I'm planning to install a cctv at home ,since I'll be going back to work soon and my helper is very new,but it turns to be very expensive,anyone know any baby monitor has recording system??or anyone has any good recommandations....thx alot.:woman

Obiwan is offline Registered User

i have Panasonic installed, cost hkd2200+ each, you can get it from Sogo if interested :)

Portia is offline Registered User

Do you mean CCTV or a web cam where you can have a peek at your baby over the internet when you are at work?

sorchului is offline Registered User

You can visit PCCW, there is a webcam which allows you to look at your baby through internet. It's about $200 per month, 24 months contract.

Alternatively you can visit one of the computer shops in Wan Chai computer centre (above the MTR), they sell the IP cameras and install it for you.

sweety576 is offline Registered User

pccw's easywatch is too gud....u can view the easywatch on internet...and then u watch on ur cell phone also....picture quality is not gud on phone....but on internet its very clear...u can hear all the sounds and can watch ur baby anytime....

MamaC is offline Registered User

Dear All, I actually need something i can record while I'm away,does the pccw easywatch has recording system since I have to leave my table a lot for meeting,just in case since the child abuse happens so often this days.Thx a lot.

papa2b is offline Registered User

I also use wireless Panasonic Cameras around the house, and whilst i dont use them to record - they can easily be setup to record.

However, you need to look at your motivations for getting these cameras. We got them as both of us are working and we want to see what our bb is up to from time to time to brighten up our day so to speak - not to spy on our helper who looks after our bb. We absolutely trust our helper or we would never even consider leaving her alone with our BB.

If you are unable to trust your helper - I would suggest a camera in the house is not going to solve your problems!

carang is offline Registered User

i would echo the previous poster. if you dont' trust your helper, then why in the world would you leave your child with her? if i was in your position, i would forget a camera. you are not going to watch the video every single day and if abuse does happen then it will be too late anyway.

again, if you don't trust her, find a new helper whom you do trust.

your child is the most important thing in the world and having a camera is not going to help you feel better.

besides, i believe it is illegal to record without telling the helper that you are recording her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast