Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A huge issue with QMH

geomum is offline Registered User

"Odd as other people I know (expats) have had more than one person in the delivery room in the public system here."

I have never heard any such incident where anyone besides the husband is allowed in the delivery room. The rules are same for everyone helper, local or expat. Moreover you have to notify the hospital in advance who will be there with you during delivery, they asked me about it days before I was to give birth.

kyojee is offline Registered User

I gave birth at QMH in April this year, (there was no issue of H1N1, not sure if things changed by now) and you are allowed to have someone else other than your husband in the delivery room, that being said, only one person is allowed.

However, we need to notify the hospital in advance who will be accompanying us. It's in black and white. My husband's name was written in some antenatal checkup book during an early checkup.

The hospital is very clear that in emergency c-secs, husbands/partners who were supposed to accompany wives in normal delivery would NOT be allowed in the surgery room.

Hope this info helps! =)

Last edited by kyojee; 09-18-2009 at 08:55 AM.

reei is offline Registered User

i had delivery in QE last year by c-section, husbands are not allowed in. they told me that from the very beginning. odd , when i was pushed into the operation room, i was thinking about my dog. how scared he must have felt everytime i brought him to the vet. i was cold and shivering, but very happy when i heard my baby 's crying for the first time.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by kyojee View Post
    I gave birth at QMH in April this year, (there was no issue of H1N1, not sure if things changed by now) and you are allowed to have someone else other than your husband in the delivery room, that being said, only one person is allowed.

However, we need to notify the hospital in advance who will be accompanying us. It's in black and white. My husband's name was written in some antenatal checkup book during an early checkup.

The hospital is very clear that in emergency c-secs, husbands/partners who were supposed to accompany wives in normal delivery would NOT be allowed in the surgery room.

Hope this info helps! =)
    Yeah, that ;)

I gave birth in October last year and they were very clear that you can only have ONE person in - but if your husband for some reason was unable to attend, we needed to let them know which relative/friend would be accompanying us. I did think though that as long as you let them know at the beginning of labour, and you weren't allowed to switch half way through...

I do think that your helper wasn't treated right and I would be taking it up with the hospital too!!

geomum is offline Registered User

Sorry what I meant was anyone along with the husband. Its either a husband or close relative. Can't be a bunch of people and like everyone said it has to be on paper who its going to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12