Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Counselling service needed

Mouse is offline Registered User

Unhappy Counselling service needed

We are looking to terminate contract with a DH who has been taking care of our two kids, 1 and 3 years old respectively, since they were born. Long story but we are quite concerned about the emotions of our kids as well as the DH. Wonder if anyone knows about a good counseller or company who may be able to give us advice on best to handle this. Thanks!

AndreaY is offline Registered User

I would not worry too much about your kids' emotional state when she leaves. Exactly the same thing happened for us and we were worried how the kids would react. Ended up, kids are less reliant than we expect and we never stressed the "she will no longer will here". Instead, we just said she has gone to work for someone else whenever our 3 yr old asked us, and she seemed to be satisfied with that answer. We were very surprised how well they handled it.

Neha is offline Banned

Kids adapt faster . Our helper was with us fir 14 years and left when our son was 2 so he knew who she was he asked us but he didn't freak out and the old helper comes to meet him and there is no problems. Don't worry the kids will be fine

Portia is offline Registered User

I think kids are pretty tough, but it's difficult to know what goes on in their little heads. We told our almost 3 year old son that our helper had to go home to the Philippines and he didn't mention her again. And then all of a sudden about 6 weeks after she left, he told us that he was bad because he missed her! I guess the fact that we never talked about her again made him think that he was wrong to miss her.

Editor is offline Administrator

We changed helpers, when our son was 2 years old too. It took him 2 weeks to warm up to the new helper and they became best of friends.

Mouse is offline Registered User

Really appreciate all your comments. They are all very encouraging. Hope they will learn through this or my wife and I will learn the strong side of our kids! Many thanks!