Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Unsympathetic Husband

Gataloca is offline Registered User
    Solidstars, sorry to hear that you are still having issues with you husband about what you feed to your baby.

If you problem is just that he disapprove your baby menu, have you try asking him what he consider the right one for your son? Probably you can both work on something, and you can just stick it to it. As long as it is complete and healthy, and your baby likes it, it may worth a try.

In my case, my baby has eczema, and my hubby is afraid that it may be something on my diet (since I am breastfeeding). He has then forbitted me from eating bunch of stuff. It is anoying, but sometime I think I just don't need to eat that food anyway, so I just don't eat it. Sometime I also do as he says so he would no divert the blame on the cats.....;-)
    Posted via Mobile Device

carang is offline Registered User
    the problem is NOT the diet. the problem is that her husband is a bully and he is teaching his young child that it is perfectly acceptable to treat mum as a doormat and to speak unkindly and nastily about her, to her and in front of her.

THAT is emotional and verbal abuse that is about POWER, not about what food she gives the child. her husband ONLY uses the food as an excuse for his behaviour. believe me, if it wasn't the food, he'd be emotionally and verbally abusive about something else.

matemate is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    the problem is NOT the diet. the problem is that her husband is a bully and he is teaching his young child that it is perfectly acceptable to treat mum as a doormat and to speak unkindly and nastily about her, to her and in front of her.

THAT is emotional and verbal abuse that is about POWER, not about what food she gives the child. her husband ONLY uses the food as an excuse for his behaviour. believe me, if it wasn't the food, he'd be emotionally and verbally abusive about something else.
    fully agree with carang. your husband is a complete a**h*** and it makes me sick to even read about him in your (very sad) message. be absolutely clear that what he does is totally unacceptable and clearly constitutes verbal and emotional abuse.

for the sake of your children's future and for your own benefit, please do seek professional help and do consider divorce as an option. only the threat of divorce has even a remote potential to wake him up and get real.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    i've already tried the threat of divorce, it doesn't seem to do anything anymore.

i have been clear about the things he says, he doesn't feel like there's anything wrong with it. A while ago he used to call me names like 'stupid' and 'idiot' in Chinese which I told him it's really rude and that even children don't call each other names and he is an adult! So he said 'fine then i will call you a genius', so since then, every time i don't do something his way, i get called a 'genius' with dripping sarcasm.

thanks for all your support, i really appreciate it. surprisingly, i overheard him call the gov family planning to enquire about their marriage counselling services this morning, i was so surprised i almost dropped the book i was holding. Anyways, i'm just hoping that he'll actually go through and attend with me instead of it being all talk...

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    thanks for all your support, i really appreciate it. surprisingly, i overheard him call the gov family planning to enquire about their marriage counselling services this morning, i was so surprised i almost dropped the book i was holding. Anyways, i'm just hoping that he'll actually go through and attend with me instead of it being all talk...
    Shocking but good to hear
    That's the first positive thing I've read you write about him.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567