Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Formula feeds and airplanes

happyvalleygirl is offline Registered User

Formula feeds and airplanes

Hi

This may sound like a very silly question, but what are your thoughts on using bottled water to make up formula feeds on long haul flights? I know that the planes do not provide boiling water (only hot) so I am not sure whether to take pre-boiled water in feeding bottles or whether mineral/distilled water (volvic, evian etc) is OK.

Neha is offline Banned

U can take pre boiled water with u. but again it depends how long your flight is. On CX we have had boiling water and really it took us more than 5 minutes to cool it. So the airlines do give u boiling water if u ask them for it.

Using Mineral water once in a while is ok

blingdiva is offline Registered User

Hey there

How is Harry doing? We took preboiled water in a thermos but it was only a 3 hour flights and we were able to prepare 2 feeds

You can use Volvic to prepare the bottle and may be warm up the bottle in hot water on the plane! just a thought!

See you soon

gladyswly is offline Registered User

because the restriction of carrying fluids on the plane, we didn't take any with us. We asked for hot water and bottled water to make up the formula feeds. And our flight was 15 hours long. It worked. The crew was very helpful (most of them, ;) ).

LEMJ is offline Registered User

Hello!
    I would take pre boiled water. Mineral water is not sterile and contains levels of sodium that may not be good for baby. There is a bottled mineral water available in HK called Wild Alp Baby which is meant to have safe levels of minerals and is meant to be bottled under sterile conditions.
    If you do use mineral water just make sure you don't boil it as this concentrates the minerals.
    Happy travels!

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

For those mommies that took preboiled water in a thermos - they let you bring it on the plane these days even with the security restrictions?

aussie mum is offline Registered User

i was caught out before not being allowed to take my pre-boiled water through security. I don't think it hurts to use mineral water as a one-off just for the flight. although its clearly not the best solution for long term use.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I don`t mean to hijack your thread with my possibly idiotic comments, but being new to the formula thing, can`t you just use bottled spring water? That`s what we do. We drink distilled water for ourselves and I buy spring water for the baby. Am I poisoning him? :0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast