Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any one brought DH from Singapore to HK?

anbrasia is offline Registered User

Any one brought DH from Singapore to HK?

any one is familiar with the process to bring a DH from Singapore to HK. I am quite happy with DH I have now, if she likes, I would like to bring her to HK together. Any one knows the cost and pros and cons?

Thanks

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Morning, interested to know about the reverse as well if any of you has the experience - bring helper from HK to Singapore...

southside852 is offline Registered User
    Obiwan, I am can speak to you about the reverse as we just moved from Hong Kong to Singapore. We just moved to Singapore and are in the process of bringing her over.

PM with your questions.

a mum is offline Registered User
    Obiwan, I brought my maid from HK to SG a year ago. You basically need to terminate her in HK and employ her in Singapore. Find a maid agency here and they can deal with you with all the paper work.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Thank you v much Southside852 and A_mum, will definitely pm you when the time comes :)

firstmom is offline Registered User
    Hi Southside852 and A_mum,
    I'll also be moving from HK to SG....would like to bring my maid over. I have some questions and have pm you. many thanks for your help !

yuan1911 is offline Registered User
    Hello Southside852 and A_mum,

I am also moving from HK to SG and would like to bring my helper over. I have some questions. Thanks so much for your help!

yonge is offline Registered User
    I just brought my maid over from Singapore to Hong Kong. You'll have to submit an application in Hong Kong and wait for the approval along with visa before you can bring her over. The application includes the contract which needs to be notarized by the employer's embassy in Hong Kong. If your helper is Indonesian, the Indonesian embassy will make it very difficult for you to obtain that notarization yourself and encourages you to use a Hong Kong agent, which entails a much higher fee than if you were to try to get the notarization yourself. I urgently needed to bring my helper over, so I opted for an agent. I used Dulcelina Cadiz Mendoza from Trump Line Consultants. She's located at Suite 202, 2/F, Sunwise Mansion, 112 Wellington Street in Central. Her numbers are (w) +852 2479 7098, (m) +852 9043 8300 and (f) +852 2479 3830, and her email is [email protected]. The charges were HK$4,800 to handle all the paperwork, including that with the Indonesian embassy as well as scheduling the appointment after the domestic helper's arrival for her identity card. They are very honest and will not do anything illegal. In Hong Kong, all administrative charges beyond the domestic helper's salary are to be born by the employer.

The list of documents that the Indonesian consulate would require from you if you were to try to obtain the notarization yourself would entail obtaining more documents that they would require from an agent. They also require an interview with you and your helper. Bear in mind that this is before you have even obtained approval from the Immigration Department in HK, so your helper would have to come to Hong Kong as a tourist and is not allowed to work during that time. The following information was obtained from Carmen Lay in the Labor Section of the Indonesian Consulate. You can reach her at +852 3651 0254 or email her at [email protected].

Documents that required for processing renew contract without agency for the same employer
    1. New employment contract signed by employer, domestic helper and two witnesses.
    2. Application letter from employer containing the reason for renew her employment contract without going through an agency.
    3. Copy of employer’s Hong Kong ID Card.
    4. Employer’s guarantee statement has to be made at and before the notary public in Hong Kong contain the matter as determined by the Indonesian Consulate General.
    5. Recent photo of domestic helper and employer (one photo for each person, size: passport photo).
    6. Copy of domestic helper’s Hong Kong ID Card.
    7. Copy of domestic helper’s valid passport and valid working visa.
    8. Health statement letter from doctor attached with the medical check-up report.
    9. Statement letter from parent/guardian or husband (for married status) containing no objection for the domestic helper to extend her employment contract without agency (attached with her parent/guardian or husband’s copy of Indonesian ID Card and Family Card which has been legalized by Village/ District Head).
    10. Domestic helper has to send a letter by Registered Post to an Indonesian agency informing that she is renewing her contract without Hong Kong agency. (Attached the proof of letter posting and copy of her letter).
    11. Domestic helper insurance policy.
    12. Old employment contract (copy and original).
    13. Legalization fee amounting HK$320.
    Note:
    1. After completed all requirements, please bring the documents to the Labour Section of the Consulate General to be check.
    2. After it is checked, an appointment will be given when to meet with Labour Section (at the time of interview the employer and domestic helper must come).
    3. For information please contact 28904421 ext: 206(Cantonese / English), 254 and 231 (English / Indonesian)

Bear in mind that you need to obtain this notarization every time the contract is renewed, which is every two years. The Indonesian Embassy would actually prefer you to hire a new maid in Hong Kong as the fees are much higher. Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast