Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Please help - Typhoon / Flood Relief in Philippines

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    Pokfulam Hong Kong
    hi rani
    a kennedy mum is collecting items for WORLD VISION. if you want, i can come by your home and pick them up. i'm going to be going into kennedy town and buying those "mock crocs" and some other items.

here is an excerpt from the email i received:

If you would like to donate usable old or new clothes both for adults and children, towels, old shoes and slippers/flipflops for children. Childrens clothing is our priority.

Please drop them off our place by Friday morning Oct. 2nd.

I will take care of the shipment to the Philippines and we have assistance from DHL to get items in quickly.

Ms. Miriam Quiambao, a good friend, will be overlooking this project and will make sure that all donations will reach the ones in urgent needs in Manila.

I am only doing goods, as we have a logistics/shipment ability. For cash/credit card donations, please go to World Vision Philippines - Home or Philippine National Red Cross - Ways To Donate and click online donation link

kyojee is offline Registered User
    Tai Hang
    Hi Dimsum mum,

I have some clothes for babies (0-6 months) and children (3-5 years old) and live in Tin Hau. Would you be able to direct me how to get in touch with this mommy in Kennedy Town? I'm alone with a small baby now, and might not be able to get around very much in this wet weather, but will try my best by this Friday.

2littleangels is offline Registered User

Charity donations in the wake of Ketsana

Does anyone know of any HK organisations that are collecting clothing and household goods to send to the displaced people of Manila?

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    Pokfulam Hong Kong
    the red cross and world vision are two.
    the thread Please Help - Typhoon/Flood gives you more details. thank you for wanting to help.

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Typhoon Ondoy(aka Ketsana) Fundraising event
    Every bit of help counts
    Host: ♥ Donations for Typhoon Ondoy (aka Ketsana) Relief
    Type: Causes - Fundraiser
    Network: Global
    Date: Thursday, October 1, 2009
    Time: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
    Phone: 64361842
    Email: [email protected]

Description: ALCMi will be organizing a fund raising event on Oct 1 from 12pm onwards. Our purpose is to collect as many donations (food, clothing, medicine, money etc) as possible before friday as volunteers from the church will be flying to the philippines (marikina) on friday 2nd Oct. During the event, food will be served while volunteers collect, organize and pack donated items. It is also an open mic event, performances are welcome.

Address: 3rd Floor 23 Hillwood Rd Exit D Jordan
    Faith Asis 64361842
    Pstr Arlene 98669864
    Church building 21997706

This is a whole day event but ALCMi church is open 24/7 from now onwards for anyone that wants to donate. (Food, clothing, water and medical supplies are a priority right now)

Thank you, please keep praying for the people of the philippines.
    Every little bit of help can go a long way for those that desperately need it.

I am the member of this church and i will be there tomorrow. If you cannot find anywhere to donate your items, we are more than welcome to collect it from you and send them to the displaced people.

Thank you.

mscheerful (Ivy) 98163019

chef is offline Registered User
    Guess ive missed the date ,but is it still possible for somebody coming to collect clothes?I live in Shouson hill and have childrens clothes which I would like to donate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12