Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Grapeseed Extract and Cervical Mucus

coolgirl is offline Registered User
    I also got mine from Organic Sense in Lyndhrust Terrace. There is also another shop next to it called Vitamins and xxx.
    I got mine in drop form..not sure of the price but I am sure it was reasonable.
    Thanka2 the shop is very easy to locate, its just next to the escalator and both the above mentioned shops have grapefruit seed extract. These is also grapeseed extract as well so ladies do not get confused and buy the wrong one!

coolgirl is offline Registered User
    Now this post confused me..shd we take grapefruit seed or grapeseed??

Dianeb is offline Registered User
    hi Suv thanks a lot! are there any side effects to taking Robitussin cough syrup? but I heard that they are really fast and effective drugs...

Thanks thanka2 for your kind offer! I think I will go and see if I can get some from the shop coolgirl mentioned cos I live quite close by there actually and will let you know ;) by the way, I think it's "grapeseed extract" right?

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    The one I used is called "grapeseed extract"

wenyihsu is offline Registered User
    Hi Dianeb,
    I took Robitussin cough syrup to increase my cervical mucus and am now 4.5 months pregnant. And I only took it for one month! I did check with my doctor prior to starting just to get the okay from him. It's really very simple - you start taking it about 5-6 days before you think you're going to start ovulating. I think you are suppose to take 2 teaspoons 3 times a day but I only took it twice a day. Also, make sure that you get the Robitussin that contains Guaifenesin.

Oh, I just located my bottle and it actually was Grapefruit Seed Extract. Took it for the past two days and as usual, lots of cervical mucous observed.

Here is some more information about Grapefruit Seed Extract.

The brand I'm using is called NutriBiotic.

Anyway, GSE is a pretty all-around good supplement for the body so I'll keep taking it. NOT so the mucous factor has very little relevance to me but maybe it will be helpful to other ladies. And yes, mucous is really important for the ability of the to A) move to where they need to go B) survive inside of the "hostile" environment. The 5-10 days leading up to ovulation should be marked by an increase in fertile-type mucous (clear, stretchy and very lubricative) anyway. All mucous is not the same so if you have an increase in tacky, non-lubricative mucous it doesn't really do those 'lil any good anyway.

So, maybe this GSE does help the quality of mucous. Dianeb will have to let us know if it works for her.

Dianeb is offline Registered User
    Hi thanka2, thats amazing that the grapefruit seed extract has worked so quickly for you!! I am trying it out today and will keep you all posted :) thanks for your info too

Hey Dianeb--yeah, I know what I wrote totally borders on TMI (too much information) but yeah, it's very weird how it does that--and the funnier thing is that I am not planning to have any more children so it's just one of those interesting things that happens but doesn't really affect me that much.

I don't know if you have checked into this, but I'm a big fan of charting my cycles--I've been doing it for almost 2 years now and it's been very helpful for helping me understand my health more, actually. If you are interested in that (which will go well with using the GSE) I recommend the Creighton Model. I used the Billings Method before but honestly, Creighton is waay easier and more scientific. Now, with any of the NFP (natural family planning) methods, there tends to be a lot of religious impetus behind it--I've basically waded through all that and decided how I think/believe/feel about the various issues (and I totally don't agree with a lot of it) but I've been able to take a lot of good away from it. Just a thought.

Good lucko!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12