Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Grapeseed Extract and Cervical Mucus

Dianeb is offline Registered User

Grapeseed Extract and Cervical Mucus

Hi everyone..i did some research online and found that grapeseed extract may help a woman to build up healthy and quality cervical mucus which is crucial in trying to conceive? Has anyone tried and if so, could you please share your insights? Has anyone heard of any bad side effects with it?

Thanks so much!!
    Diane

thanka2 is offline Registered User

I can totally vouch for this. I didn't use grapeseed extract to try to build up cervical mucous for conception at all but it's good for your overall health and I used to use a couple of drops of it (it's EXTREMELY bitter!) in a 8 oz. glass of water just overall health and that is one of the clear reactions I had--lots and lots of clear cervical mucous. I chart my cycles just for general health reasons (not trying to conceive) so I do pay attention to this mucous.

As far as I know there are absolutely no bad side effects from it. I used to have a bottle of the concentrate and have misplaced it so I would like to buy some more. Does anyone know where to buy grapeseed extract in Hong Kong?

gpjapan is offline Registered User

I got mine from the organic/vitamin shop in Lyndhrust terrace. Is it advisable to have it after ovulation as well? I read too much of estrogen is not good for the 2nd phase. I have been using it for a month now, not much of difference in mucus but have a feeling that its helping me loose weight

thanks ladies!! I am actually thinking of taking grapeseed extract in a capsule form. A number of big brands do have them such as GNC etc....would the capsule also give the same results? By the way thanka2, how long did you take the grapeseeed extract before you see effects?

When I asked the lady at Mannings about grapeseed extract, she just said it is good for overall health especially if you want to clear up skin acne...but she didnt mention about cervical mucus..and I was a little too shy to ask then...but it was great to have you ladies' replies :)

Hi Dianeb--I literally took it for 2-3 days and the results were immediate and very, very, very obvious. I actually remember telling someone about this strange "side effect" of taking grapeseed extract. I wasn't taking it to increase vaginal mucous so that's why I was really shocked by it.

But, I was taking a concentrated form. There are studies that come out once in awhile that compare the potency of brand name vitamins and sad to say that GNC doesn't really rank very high for potency--I guess in the world of supplements it might be like the "No Frills" label of supplements--or something like that--as far as potency goes. I would go with a health food or organic shop over either Mannings or even GNC--you'll probably get better quality for your money. And maybe that's why I noticed effects right away because what I was taking was super concentrated and super potent. I figure, if you're going to take a supplement, might as well get the most you can out of it, right?

But, gpjapan, what is the name of the organic shop at Lynhurst Terrace?--I live WAY out in the New Territories so I am not at all familiar with Central but would be willing to travel there to pick up a bottle. Did you get it in drop form?--mine came in a dropper bottle. And how much did you pay for your supply? Very interested and thanks in advance for any info.

thanks thanka2 for your advice...I will definitely look out for the grapeseed extract in syrup in that case :) ...I have been TTC for somet time already and basically I am willing to try out every natural method possible to get myself pregnant...i never knew that getting pregnant is so difficult........

Quote Originally Posted by Dianeb View Post
    thanks thanka2 for your advice...I will definitely look out for the grapeseed extract in syrup in that case :) ...I have been TTC for somet time already and basically I am willing to try out every natural method possible to get myself pregnant...i never knew that getting pregnant is so difficult........
    Hi Dianeb, I am thinking about having my sister buy some for me and send it to me here in HK. If I do that, do you want me to get some for you and you can reimburse me?

Suv
    Suv is offline Registered User

Dianeb, Robitussin cough syrup is also supposed to help with CM. But make sure it is the one with Guansomethingfin or sin, can't remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast