Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

It's breaking my heart

Sazzy is offline Registered User

It's breaking my heart

Hi All
    I just wanted to share something with you all and I just hope that it is another phase. Background info is that I have a 20month old daughter and I work part-time. I have been working part-time for about 8 weeks now.

DD has had a cold and I have given her more cuddles etc but now she just seems to follow me everywhere!! Which was really cute at the beginning but its now like "my leg belongs to me and stop hanging on it all the time'. She wont let my husband pick her up without screaming, i cant leave the room without her screaming and following me. I'm the only one who can put her to bed at night - although she does cry out "mama" as soon as I lie her down in her cot.

Overall, she just wants me - all the time. Is this a phase? / normal?

THanks

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    I forgot to also say that she now screams whenever I leave for work (she didnt used to) - it breaks my heart listening to her cry whilst I wait for the lift.

cybabe is offline Registered User
    Sazzy,

My girl did went through this stage before, but after she is back to normal, also your DD not feel well at the beginning and she love to have some comfort but after become get used to. I will suggest you can ask your hubby to play with her more and give her more cuddle that may help her turn back to normal ...At least not always following u.

Goodluck

wwg2102 is offline Registered User
    To add on to what MayC has written......when you leave, just give her a hug, **** and say firmly, "I love you and I will see you when i get back." And then leave. If you show hesitation, she will feel more insecure. And if you start crying, she'll be encouraged to do so too.

You are not being a bad mom if you leave and your daughter is in tears - it is a natural process for her to be sad you are leaving. but don't let it stop you because she needs her mommy to be strong.

Once she has the routine figured out, she'll be waving to you and saying, "See ya later, mom!"

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    She is going through the separation anxiety phase... she's afraid that you don't come back and just disappear when you go out, she has not realised yet that you still exist even when she does not see you.
    Maybe you can try little steps, like giving her something she knows (your mobile, your keys, your bag...) and just go to the kitchen or another room but without her, when she is playing or busy, and just tell her you come back very quickly. Then you come back after 5 min, she will know that you'll always come back. Then you can try a bit longer...
    good luck !