Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

playgroups or playrooms NOT on the Island or TST

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

playgroups or playrooms NOT on the Island or TST

The longer I live here, the more increasingly aware I am of how HK baby or expat life seems to revolve around HK Island or TST. There seem to be some great looking playrooms and playgroups for my nearly 9 month old crawler (in need of some socializing and activity), but they are all in very inconvenient locations. Central isn`t so far from us, but then all those play places are then taxi rides away from there. TST is far.
    Where can I take my baby to play, either in a group or freeplay that is in Western NT or Western Kowloon? Any ideas?

Yup, that`s what I thought~

carang is offline Registered User
    well, i know a GREAT playgroup NOT in the two areas you mentioned, but in Tsing Yi. i KNOW it's great because it's mine.... can't put the name on here, though, LOL!

there are some around, you just have to be very patient and know that because you live in a "less" ex-pat friendly area, your selection is fairly limited and your selection of groups in English is even less so.

solidstars is offline Registered User
    shenzhennifer, i thought you were planning to start your own playgroup?

spockey is offline Registered User
    Aren't there any Tsuen Wan?
    Was thinking of going to Littleton at Discovery for their Kindermusik.
    Start one where you live at the club house if there's one.

Is Hung Hom inconvenient... now that you can get there quickly from Tsuen Wan West... 20 minutes? The mall next to the train station has a playgym that's not bad. We used it before.

Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    well, i know a GREAT playgroup NOT in the two areas you mentioned, but in Tsing Yi. i KNOW it's great because it's mine.... can't put the name on here, though, LOL!

there are some around, you just have to be very patient and know that because you live in a "less" ex-pat friendly area, your selection is fairly limited and your selection of groups in English is even less so.
    Yeah, I looked into yours, but the times are not yet convenient for my son, as he`s still doing 2 big naps a day. Hard to schedule as it is. Maybe when he gets older and has a different schedule, bc TY is definitely a hop and a skip from here.

Quote Originally Posted by solidstars View Post
    shenzhennifer, i thought you were planning to start your own playgroup?
    Yeah, we started one, but there`s just 3 of us. My son seems to cry easily during the first half of each one, so that`s why I`m looking for more socializing for him to do. Toughen the lad up;)

Quote Originally Posted by spockey View Post
    Aren't there any Tsuen Wan?
    Was thinking of going to Littleton at Discovery for their Kindermusik.
    Start one where you live at the club house if there's one.

Is Hung Hom inconvenient... now that you can get there quickly from Tsuen Wan West... 20 minutes? The mall next to the train station has a playgym that's not bad. We used it before.
    There is a kindermusik, but I`m less interested in that one, plus it`s a bit expensive PLUS they want you to buy nearly $500 in materials. If you`re interested in them, they have an open house on Oct 18 in the afternoon -2-5 I think, and you can get a free 30 min demo, but it might not be their Kindermusik. They also have normal playgroups which I enquired about but they don`t have enough customers yet for my son`s age group.
    We do have a clubhouse but it`s officially for 1.5 years and up, though no one seems to adhere to it, including us. But mostly there`s a lot of big kids running around like wild animals.
    These days, HH is not so inconvenient (in fact hubbie now works there). What is the name of the gym? I`ll check it out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast