Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: How many kids would you want to have if you had a choice?

63. You may not vote on this poll

1 1.59%

17 26.98%

31 49.21%
  • 4+

12 19.05%
  • None

2 3.17%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How many kids would you want to have if you had a choice?

HK2008 is offline Registered User

How many kids would you want to have if you had a choice?

Just wondering how many kids most ladies would want to have if you were given a chance to have them relatively freely, such as no financial pressure; no medical conditions/constraints; faily easy to go back to work, etc...

I have two, a girl and a boy. I didn't want to have any kids initially; after my daughter I said no more-that's it. Then my son decided to join us...Now I say DEFINITELY no more...but who knows...
    Last edited by HK2008; 09-30-2009 at 11:00 PM.

Neha is offline Banned
    Mid Levels, Hong Kong
    3 always but only 1 now

kyojee is offline Registered User
    Tai Hang
    Haha... this is a fun thread. Before I gave birth, I always thought 3 would be great!!! But after my little girl arrived, some days I am so overwhelmed, tired and cheerless I think maybe just 1! But like you said, who knows... heh...

Monty is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    This is a fun post! Hmmm...I said 3 but whenever I mention that to hubby he just laughs and shakes his head 'no'.

I grew up with one sibling and always wished I had more so I suppose that is where my desire to have more (rather than less) children comes from.

Let me have the first one (due in 10 weeks!) and then we'll see...

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    i always thought i would have two myself and adopt one. since i was in my mid-teens i wanted to adopt a baby. after suffering two terrible, complicated pregnancies i still find myself wanting to have another. i would be just as happy to adopt, but my local husband is concerned that the adopted baby would not be as readily accepted by his family as our "natural" children. so, he is very hesitant. he doesn't want any child to feel less wanted or loved than siblings. i can understand the concern, but i don't think that his family would actually treat the children differently. it is an on-going discussion in our house.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    i would love to have 4 but think i started my run a little late. i have 2 now... will definitely try for a 3rd but can't imagine still having a newborn in another 3 or more years time.
    my husband is more keen for 4 than I am. he thinks having twins next would be ideal. no thanks!!!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    I grew up in a family with three children and it was good but I think four would be even better. Before I got married someone asked me how many children I'd like to have and I said four.
    My husband, a local Hong Kong Chinese guy, was like "Whoa, whoa, whoa...four?!" Before we were married he used to say, "I want to live in a 'two-person world'" which is a translation of a common Cantonese saying which means I don't want to have kids. However, those were just his initial feels and as he grew up as an only child he always longed for a sibling himself and felt Hong Kong was quite lonely for him without one.
    So, our pregnancy with our son was unplanned and almost everything about the pregnancy, birth and aftermath was excruciatingly difficult. Even today, when I imagine going through it again my entire body tenses up.
    But, the husband who once wanted to live in a 'two person world' fell totally, head-first in love with our son and with fatherhood and if it was up to him alone we would already have a second child and be possibly working on a third--even though he knows how difficult everything was with our son.
    Initially the concept of adoption was really hard for my husband to get his head around because adoption doesn't have a really strong cultural connection to Chinese culture--usually if children are adopted (historically) they are adopted within the family or among close neighbors and those children are never told they were adopted--it becomes a secret. Obviously, this is a huge difference from how things are done where I come from. But, now, after meeting several families that have adopted children and talking with some adults who were adopted as children, my husband has come to a different understanding of what adoption means so that could be a very viable option for us in the future, I think.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    Two but I got twins the second time (surprise!).

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast