Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Post-Pregnancy Fat

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    I like how Shenzhennifer ends her message with "I'm having pizza tonight, by the way" :) Too many temptations in the world. Why are most of our yummy food fattening?? Dam.

I was told by a friend that the Tracy Anderson work out is very good (for her at least). Have order the DVD from Amazon, and will try it out when it arrives. Will keep you posted!!

I plan to start cardio and gym work out after my doctor's post-natal check up next week. But then again, do I have to repeat the whole effort after having another baby??? OH NO!!!

By the way, did you girls notice how Jessica Alba's tummy is FLAT after just a few weeks from child birth?

And how Gwen Stefani has rock hard abs?!!

Positive thoughts. I guess if we work hard enough, we SHOULD be able to get semblance of our pre-pregnancy selves back :)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    By the way, did you girls notice how Jessica Alba's tummy is FLAT after just a few weeks from child birth?

And how Gwen Stefani has rock hard abs?!!

Positive thoughts. I guess if we work hard enough, we SHOULD be able to get semblance of our pre-pregnancy selves back :)
    Not really interested in what stars' bodies look like because:

A. They make their living looking "hot" for other people which doesn't apply to me
    B. They have enough money to hire their own personal trainers, personal chefs, lifestyle coaches and any other staff they need to get back in shape
    C. Most of them didn't gain much fat or even stretch marks thanks to the above mentioned staff on call 24/7 to ensure that they don't

Another example of how unrealistic and fake the entertainment world is. Here's a positive message: Love yourself. (Easier said than done, right?)

Oh, and I have given up on ever seeing any semblance of my post-pregnancy self because that person no longer exists--but, thankfully, by working hard at it over the past 2 years I've lost 30 kilos but I still have another 15 to go. to me!

30 kgs is extremely good work!!! Good stuff!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    30 kgs is extremely good work!!! Good stuff!
    Thank you. Seven (7) kilos came off right after the baby was born. The next seven (7) came off over eight (8) months and then I really started working on losing weight last September so it's been a year and and I've lost sixteen (16) kilos. I sure hope it doesn't take another year to lose the remaining fifteen (15)! If I lose eight (8) kilos, I will be at my pre-pregnancy weight but I was actually about seven (7) kilos over my ideal weight when I got pregnant.

I've lost about five (5) kilos since the beginning of July which makes me feel good but for me, the weight just can't come off fast enough! I feel like I've been wearing a "fat suit" for about three (3) years now because I was in the process of trying to take off that seven (7) kilos that I was packing around when I unexpectedly fell pregnant and it was pretty much game over from there. I lost about three (3) kilos in the first part of my pregnancy but from the second trimester on it was like I inflated like a balloon. I cringe when I think of it!

Right now I'm doing The Body Ecology Diet which seems to be really helping my health. I'm still getting used to it but there are some things I really love about it.

Also, I'm back to running next week. I really actually dislike running a lot but the benefits are that it requires no equipment (except for good shoes) and I can do it around where I live. Now that the weather is cooling off it will be a lot better too. I prefer to swim but I live out in a village that is pretty far away from anywhere and the public outdoor pools are closing soon because "winter" is coming.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, this is the Walk/Run Weight Loss program I do from Women's Health--if you scroll down you can find a link to download the program as a PDF file. This site is actually pretty good for instructional videos and tips.
    Last edited by thanka2; 10-05-2009 at 12:28 AM.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I was lucky with my first as BF'ing really helped me and I lost the 14 kgs I put on by the time my baby was 6 weeks old. I am definitely getting the feeling second time around that (a) I'll end up putting on more weight (boo) and (b) it will not come off so easily. I have used weightwatchers in the past and it is really good and getting you to understand portion control and how many calories food has in it BUT in order to enjoy any treats (soft drink, sweets etc) you really do have to embrace phenalanines (spelling?) which I have objections to. Think that I will need to employ ww following baby #2.

I guess at the end of the day - the old stuff works the best - treats in moderation, exercise, input = output (more exercise = more treats)! Will at least be easier to get out and do some exercise when the weather cools but, like thanka2, I will miss the outdoor pools.

SB2

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    my hormones were completely messed around with my my first pregnancy and my PCOS went out of control. Following a low carb south beach diet kind of thing (my own variation of) has beent he first thing that has worked at all.
    15kg in about 12 weeks. Still have 12kg to go but at least I am getting somewhere for the first time in more than 3 years!
    Ive upped the exercise too - I now do Spinning, Swim Squad and Pilates. I'm hoping to have the rest off my Xmas

I'm convinced my abs are hiding in there somewhere ;o)

Koan is offline Registered User
    I was one of the select few who actually gained while BFing. It was totally my fault, I was eating the wrong foods. Once I realised that hey I CAN BF without eating a couple of pieces of cheesecake a day was a big moment for me ;) .

I did Weight Watchers (they have a programme for nursing mums) and lost 13kg. I gained about 4 back over summer while travelling so I'm back on the diet.

I didn't really do any extra exercise (just my normal walking to and from work, chasing after my kid, walking to the shops etc) but limited my junk intake and the weight came off. It wasn't that hard, I don't know why I took so long to get started...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast