Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Post-Pregnancy Fat

chrissy2 is offline Registered User

Hello ladies..I just had my baby early June and since then I have lost 54 pounds.....I had an emergencey c-section so I didnt start my diet and exercise untill late July. My secret well I went to HMV and got a video called No more trouble zones by jillian Michaels, Its was so hard at the beginging I couldnt even finish the video and it really focus on the abs....anyways now I finding it easier and Im eating right, no junk food lots of veggies no pork, no sauces etc.....good luck everyone! PS Jillian Michaels is the female trainer from that tv show the biggest loser, thats how i found out about her...she keeps me motivated!!!!

Obiwan is offline Registered User

54 lbs .... that's amazing Chrissy2!!

My doc gave me the go-ahead last sat to exercise, and I have been working out everyday since, alternating between gym, running, and yoga. Hopefully I can see some results soon, but in any case, it feels really good to start working those muscles again.

"What To Expect in the First Year" says most mothers lose their pregnancy weight 2 months post delivery. Is this correct?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I don`t remember reading that, but I would imagine it applies to the women who gain the `recommended` amount of weight, therefore, after the baby, placenta and all the water retained in your body, you would lose most of it in the first couple of months. But for those who gain more than what is `recommended` (like me who still has the sweet tooth!), then it would be hard.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

My OB told me that I should target 6-9 months for losing all the pregnancy weight. If you lose it all too quickly, then you could get really loose skin she said. I gained around 29-30 pounds during my pregnancy and almost 7 months down the track I only have around 3 pounds to go, but I'm having a hard time with these last 3 pounds. I actually haven't been exercising that much because I'm just too tired all the time. Maybe exercising regularly will help me lose the final 3 pounds. I do watch what I eat and try to eat as healthily as possible, especially since I am still breastfeeding. I work so between working, pumping at work, breastfeeding while at home and taking care of my son while at home (I have a helper, but try my best to take care of my son myself when I am at home), I am extremely busy all the time....I think the key to losing pregnancy weight is to eat a healthy diet and burn calories whatever way you can!

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Obiwan View Post
    "What To Expect in the First Year" says most mothers lose their pregnancy weight 2 months post delivery. Is this correct?
    I really doubt it. Generally they say it takes 9 months to put it on and at least 9 to take it off as taking it off is harder than putting it on.

I really think it's a lot harder to lose weight in HK than elsewhere. For example when I'm in Oz I can walk everywhere and I always lose a bit of weight just doing that. Here walking is such a huge and frankly scary effort. Most of the time I don't bother because it's not worth the hassle worrying about getting hit by cars because the paths are either non existent or crappy.

Yeah i thought that is probably not very realistic either :) It did say the 'recommended' weight (like Shenzhennifer mentioned above), but that's 25 - 40 lbs if I remember correctly. Even then, 2 months sound pretty challenging I reckon.

I love walking, esp now that fall is arriving, but yes, the pollution and the crowd makes it crappy.

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Well, I didn't gain the "recommended" weight but probably within 2 months I lost at least 25-30 pounds--just water weight and baby weight, I think.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast