Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Post-Pregnancy Fat

slamdunk is offline Registered User
    i like to think that age and genetics come into play too - as well as amount of effort... some people ping back into shape in 2 months (not me) others in 2 years (more like me)!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I totally agree. I have a friend a few years younger with obviously AWESOME genes, and after her second, she was back to normal after a couple of months. Grrr....

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    And there is always liposuction as a last resort, as my DH jokingly suggests he needs some too from all that sympathy eating :)

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    I always think though - if you are going to have a second (or third or fourth for that matter) why waste all that time and energy to get back to your old self when you are going to gain it all again real soon anyways! My philosophy is to get back to as close to the past as possible, but don't sweat it too much if you are planning on having anymore children!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Yeah, because the minute you say to yourself, hey, I don`t look too bad FINALLY, then you know you`re going to get a positive pregnancy test a week later.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureHKmom View Post
    I always think though - if you are going to have a second (or third or fourth for that matter) why waste all that time and energy to get back to your old self when you are going to gain it all again real soon anyways! My philosophy is to get back to as close to the past as possible, but don't sweat it too much if you are planning on having anymore children!
    It's funny, I hadn't even considered this philosophy toward shedding pregnancy fat until this past summer when a local lady suggested that to me.

I mulled that over but I've also come to the conclusion that "Carpe Diem", seize the day better applies to my life, although the above argument probably is very comforting to most of us moms who are still working on the ole' post-pregnancy body.

Even if I were planning to have another child (definitely not right now), I don't think I should just settle for less than what I want because I'll have to "lose it later." Probably what I'll do is continue to bust my bum to try to get where I want to go. Then if I were ever to get pregnant again, I would not only be on a decent exercise schedule through the 40 weeks but I would watch every single bite of food that enters my body.

Speaking of watching food, I'm really liking keeping track of my daily food intake at SparkPeople.com.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345