Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Post-Pregnancy Fat

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Post-Pregnancy Fat

Getting rid of the fat/flap on tummy, hips and thighs ...

What works for you? :)

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Yes, I'm still battling that post-pregnancy fat/flap as well as extra weight. For me, the best thing I did for starting to lose the weight was go back to work because it made me a lot more active than I was just being around the house taking care of my baby. Also, not being around the house prevents me from mindless eating all day too. Also, I've just started eating 80% of my food raw and 80% of it vegetables and that is helping a ton.

So, my advice, get active (and taking your baby for a walk in the stroller once a day, although it may help a little probably won't get you very far if you have serious weight to lose--just my experience), cut out sugar and processed oils/fats from your diet and eat well.

For some women, the weight comes off really quickly. For some women who breastfeed, that helps them lose pregnancy weight as well. I'm almost 2 years out from pregnancy and I still have 1/3 of my "baby fat" to lose (however, I did put on more weight than most people I know). Just be relentless and keep at it. Good luck!

curiousmummy is offline Registered User
    Diet is crucial - have to cut carbs, sugars for me I took alot of vegetables...
    I engaged in swimming, which worked for me before, and now working miracles for me as well...do some situps as well.
    I breastfed for 9 months, and find that it did not work away my fats as much as i want it to be. Guess once the body get used to producing milk, it does not take that many calories to produce the BF.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousmummy View Post
    I breastfed for 9 months, and find that it did not work away my fats as much as i want it to be. Guess once the body get used to producing milk, it does not take that many calories to produce the BF.
    Yeah, I forgot to add that breastfeeding did absolutely nothing for me as far as taking the weight off but I have friends who really benefited from it.

mel_g20 is offline Registered User
    I followed weightwatchers for afew weeks. I put on 20kg during my pregnancy. I lost 10kgs naturally over a period of 10 months and then lost the final 10kg through following the weightwatchers diet.

yonge is offline Registered User
    Basically, the diabetic worked best for me, which entailed not only cutting carbs, but "sweet" fruits, juices and starchy vegetables as well. I actually enjoyed it, but my family hated it, so you may find it difficult eating with others this way, too!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I`m in the midst of this battle with baby fat. Too many delicious things, home all day, summer too hot for serious walking, little time to go to the gym (maybe once a week), BFing and being exhausted much of the time. I think my body has gotten used to this flabby new look. I gained about 17 kg with my pregnancy (2.9kg baby) and I would like to lose at least 4 kg more, which doesn`t budge from my body.
    From my skinny past, the key (for me) was not eating too much unhealthy starches (like white bread and white rice), using only olive oil (or grapeseed), not eating too much fried food, and eating low fat dairy (not helping with my new love of cream cheese).
    I think, though, if I was just able to get a tummy tuck, I would come out looking a whole lot better. Or could at least spend the time tackling my thighs.
    I`m having pizza tonight, by the way.

Sazzy is offline Registered User
    I lost most of mine once my baby started walking/running. Must start sit-ups though - but when do we have time.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast