Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Moving to Singapore - Looking for Friends

KKKK is offline Registered User

Moving to Singapore - Looking for Friends

Hi we are moving to Singapore at the end of November.

I know a lot of companies are relocating people from HK to Singapore at the moment, so I was wondering if anyone else was moving there in the next few months and fancies meeting for coffee in HK before they go so we could get to know each other before we go, and potentially be friends when we arrive.

Also if anyone knows anyone who has recently moved there and is looking for new friends pm me and I'd love to give you my e-mail address to pass on to them.

I have a 15 month old son but am happy to make friends with people with children of any age.

Having relocated once and currently having a great friendship circle in HK i'd love to make the move with a few contacts for coffee (or a glass of wine !) as soon as I arrive.

K x

dolphinyp is offline Registered User

Don't worry about making friends in singapore, there are so many expat wives you will find at the cafe, at where you live, at the playgroups, at playgrounds. Visit singaporeexpats.com , i've met many friends there, even we moved back already , they're still being my great friends.

southside852 is offline Registered User

Hi KKKK - We moved to Singapore last month with our 21 month year old son. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Thanks dolphinyp - I know it will be easy to make friends when I get there - I just thought it would be nice to hook up with a few people before if possible and have a few coffees to look forward to during my first few weeks x

Southside852 - thankyou - I will probably take you up on that - hopefully we will get to meet as well once I arrive - that would be lovely. How are you settling in so far ??

k

southside852 is offline Registered User

transition for us hasn't been too bad. i think the hardest thing is finding a routine again for your little one. we had great friends, great playgroups and tutor time for my son in HK so when we got here it was like starting from scratch. but we find singapore to be much more child-friendly - prams are everywhere! and you can roll right on the bus with it. there's kindermusik here and gymboree from the states and HK. there's music together though the teacher is not that great compared to andrea nye on the southside. there are montessori schools, more traditional schools etc...so something for everyone.

let me know if you have any specific questions via pm. would be happy to answer before your move!

good luck!

fennho is offline Registered User

for more local topics on babies, u can visit A Singapore Parenting Directory for the Singapore Parents and check out their forum. Lots of threads that u can join and for advices on where to go/what to do as well. Enjoy Spore!

Thank you Fennho i'll check it out x