Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Stanley Market fall/winter clothes

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    maybe next time try Lee Yuen Street in Central? I got a couple of winter sets for my baby girl last Sunday.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    There are quite a few places to get "western" clothing if you know where to look. Yuen Long has lots of coats out--even "western" style and lots of options for knit hats and gloves as well. For babies, there are SOOO many baby clothing shops that carry factory samples and over-runs from the US. And much cheaper than Stanley (even on a cheap Stanley day, I still think Stanley is much more expensive). I also have been shopping at a weekend market near my house and bought the cutest toddler jeans and long-sleeved dress shirts--each were less than $40 HKD. For babies it's much cheaper. I also think Lee Yuen Street would be a place to check out as well as Flower Garden Market (Fa Yuen Gai) next to the Mong Kok station--you'll find a ton of cute baby clothes there as well as all the winter stuff you need--again, Factory outlet stores primarily. If you pay $300 HKD for a coat, that would be pretty expensive. There is a boutique in Yuen Long as well that carries some great larger (size 8+ for women) sizes of clothing. I have bought so many skirts and blouses there--the highest I've ever paid for a skirt or jeans is $50 HKD! I've gone there so much that now once in awhile I get a 2-for-1 discount! So, there are places besides Stanley--unless you like to take the scenic ride over there. There's also H & M--I've heard they have some nice kids' stuff that isn't too badly priced right now.
    Last edited by thanka2; 11-18-2009 at 02:29 PM.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    H&M has great baby and kids clothing - though it`s still more expensive than most of what Stanley offers, but not by that much actually.
    I got his winter coat for $79 at stanley and I think that`s pretty cheap. It`s not a familiar name brand (to me) but it seems warm and is somewhat stylish (though can`t beat those cute Zara Baby coats, but which cost $300-400).
    Anyway, I`m all done for winter clothing shopping for my son. I`m happy with what I got and I`m sure he`ll be nice and toasty this winter. Brrr....
    Maybe I`ll check out those places in spring, bc I`m a bit over stanley. The one good thing is that they have different sizes, unlike the markets in SZ where it`s mostly up to your luck that day.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I am LOVING the cooler weather. Bring on the low single digits (and no, I'm not Canadian just love winter clothes!!)

geomum is offline Registered User
    Sogo has a sale on, got nice and warm PJ's for a girl the other day.

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by southside852 View Post
    go to shenzhen to get winter coats. i think there are a ton now!
    Southside, is this in the shopping centre at Loh Wo (sorry, can't recall the spelling) or further afield? I have only been as far as the Loh Wo shopping centre and wasn't too impressed but perhaps I went on an off day. Thanks.

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    Anyone know the main difference btwn Stanley market & Mongkok's Fa Yuen market when buying kids/babies clothing pls?

southside852 is offline Registered User
    I got one in Lo Wu last time - there are tons of children's shops sprinkled throughout the complex (as I am sure you know).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast