Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cloth Diaper, Mother-ease, Fuzzi Bunz?

kyojee is offline Registered User

Cloth Diaper, Mother-ease, Fuzzi Bunz?

Hi.. I am keen on getting some cloth diapers from Mother-ease, would any one know if it's available in any stores in HK?

I have never cloth diapered before, but I read good reviews of fuzzi bunz, bum genius, bum wear, mother-ease. I especially like that mother-ease ones are really plain and they look like a good fit.

Good fit, absorbency, comfort are my top considerations. If anyone with cloth diapering experience have any recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated!

monte is offline Registered User

We use bum genius and have really liked them. I appreciate that they are very adjustable in size and so we haven't had to buy multiple sets. (the same size fit when he was newborn up to now, and he's 19 months). They are "pocket" style, so you do have to stuff the inserts into the diaper after washing, but we just do it as soon as they are dry while watching a movie or something and it's not a big deal at all. We got 20 diapers, I think, and we used them all when he was a tiny infant and we were at home and had a large washing machine. At this point, he doesn't go through as many each day and our washer is tiny so we really only use 8-10 and wash almost every day or every other day. We got ours back in the states so I can't say what's available here.
    If at all possible, I'd recommend trying out a few kinds to see what fits your child and what system would be easy for you to use. We got a "sampler" pack that we used the first few weeks until we settled on bum genius. I'd be happy to let you borrow a few of ours for a trial run if you like.
    And lastly, it really is easier than most people think! So quickly just becomes part of the routine and doesn't feel like extra work.

dimsum mum is offline Registered User

we used mother ease for our son and we loved them. never had an up the back explosion, or any problem. we also loved the flushable inserts offered by motherease.

we ordered ours online, and i bought some online at ebay. i was extremely pleased with their durability. can't recommend this product highly enough. like the pp suggested, do try out other products. it was through using other nappies that we realised just how great the mother ease were. their covers are also spectacular.

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

We used a combination of mother-ease, bum genius and another brand called mommy's touch (US). Loved motherease, but the ones we got came "sized" so they we weren't able to get much use out of them once the baby outgrew them. Both Bum Genius and Mommy's Touch are one-size-fits-all and I really love that you can adjust them as the baby grows.

I have about 15 reusable nappies (combination of Bum Genius, Mommy's Touch and Mother-ease), countless liners/inserts and a couple of rolls of Kooshies disposable liners for sale. Please PM if interested. All are in very good condition as our girl was potty-trained quite early.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Hi

We use Bum Genius ones and love them too. We went to a store at home that stocked heaps of different brands and had a long chat with the sales assistant on pros and cons of each. What impressed us the most with the Bum Genius ones is (a) it is easy - two pieces - a waterproof outer and a liner that you insert in a pocket inside and (b) you only need one size which adjusts from newborn to toddler - reuseable nappies are not cheap so we didn't want to have to buy a full set in more than one size.

You can also use a flushable liner with the Bum Genius ones but we didn't really bother as when they are little, the liner is not going to help much as consistency is too runny (ick ick!) and when they are bigger and on solids, you can pretty much just shake the contents into the toilet directly. We did have some explosive leaks when our baby was little but I think that would happen with a disposable too.

We bought 16 Bum Genius ones which was enough for us. We used disposables for the first 6 weeks and then only reuseables. Now our "baby" is 19 months old and we use reuseables all day and a disposable at night to prevent leaks. As with the above person, we only go through about 7 a day now.

SB2

Koan is offline Registered User

We aren't really cloth diapering much anymore now that my toddler is using the potty but we used mainly fuzzi bunz, bumgenius, motherease and hautepockets for daytime.

FB are great. By far my favourite dipe for going out. The fit is great because it has two rows of snaps. My son has chunky thighs but a skinny little waist but we were able to get a perfect fit with FB. You can adjust the absorbency by adding a doubler if you want to.

BG are OK. Not my faves simply because they do not last. They look ratty and worn fairly quickly. If you get some, keep the receipts as I've heard CottonBabies will replace the velcro tabs within a year if they fall apart, which they will.

ME are great. The fit was good and it's easy to add a doubler for extra absorbency.

kyojee is offline Registered User

Thank you so much for everyone's recommendations and input!!! Am so excited to try cloth diapering. Will start with a couple Fuzzi Bunz first since I find that it's quite readily available in stores in HK. Think I prefer snaps to velcro, as my little one is already peeling off her disposables!

Buckeroo, sure if I need anything from your lot, will send you a pm! Thanks! =)

jjmum is offline Registered User

I bought my son's Mother ease diapers in Citysuper, and I think they are also avilable in some other retailers, you may check out their website for the locations.
    MOTHER-EASE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast