Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

9 month old eating

Neha is offline Banned

9 month old eating

of a 9 month old eating dinner at a weaning table, complete with*floral arrangement, dishware, flatware, shot glass and solid food.

YouTube - Cecilia - 9 months old (Montessori School)

Wish my son would eat like her

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    That`s weird. Or rather, the parents are. I wish my 9 month old son was there to show her how it`s really done. Her parents would probably be hysterical:)

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Yep thats weird!! There is no way I would give my son control over eating utensils....

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    really? other than the flowers on the table I don't find it that strange. i offered both my kids metal cutlery from very early on. lets face it a metal fork is much easier to use than a plastic one....and a lot easier than a spoon for most kids too.
    Ive also encouraged the kids to be able to drink from normal cups from very early on as well... maybe not 9months but definitely by 12.
    all seems fairly normal to me

Dink is offline Registered User
    Very cute. My 8 month old does not like to be spoon fed so she controls her own spoon, I just load it up and give it to her. Well, she kind of controls it ha ha, she has a lot to learn from this girl. Don't think we'll move on to forks and glassware just yet...

Bumps Guest
    I agree with aussiemum - does not seem out of place to me. It would if there was an hysterical child. However, seems like this little one is developmentally ready.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    They cut the clip of the little girl dropping her fork and the father backhanding her.

wendy c is offline Registered User
    Mom of Cecilia jumping in here: Any child that has the opportunity can use utensils at this age. I have three children, two boys and a girl, and all were eating independently by 12 months. Lots of work at the beginning, lots of payoff at the end. We could go to restaurants or have normal meals at home with our one-year old right at the table with us. We tend to misunderstand the uncoordinated movement of the infant and toddler as without purpose. This is a sad misconception. Babies are rarely moving without a particular goal. We have simply not been trained to consider what that purpose might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast