Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How to dress baby for cooler weather

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    M&S had baby leggings on sale a week or so ago - they may still have some. Also I often go to the outlet stores in the lanes off Queens Road for baby clothes as their Baby GAP jumpsuits (onesies) are so cheap. Was there yesterday and they had English brand George leggings for $10 each! And Baby GAP long sleeve jumpsuits for $25 so stocked up for baby #2 arriving in winter.

Our first baby was born in winter too and I found that the long sleeve jumpsuits and leggings (with or without feet) were easier than the sleep suit all in ones with feet. Easier to just have them in long sleeve jumpsuits at home and in bed if they are swaddled and then add leggings when you go out.

SB2
    Last edited by starbucks2; 10-13-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    For hands, I never put anything on my baby`s hands, come to think of it. For the first month, he had socks on them all the time (mittens fell off) but after that I just let him be. I think a lot of his clothing in the early months was so big that his hands just naturally were covered.

At the start, we used scritch mits on his hands to stop him from clawing his face and eyes. For protection rather than warmth. I had heard that it was ok for their hands to be cold as long as their body is warm.

bumbeeno is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the tips :) There is a cold wind blowing out there today - time to put them to good use!

I did use scratch mittens when baby was going to bed mainly because of his eczema. He'd scratch himself raw if we let him. Also popped one onto the hand nearest to me whenever I feed him as he has this odd habit of frantically rubbing his ears/the side of the head nearest to me when feeding!

bubi is offline Registered User

Hi...

Quote Originally Posted by starbucks2 View Post
    M&S had baby leggings on sale a week or so ago - they may still have some. Also I often go to the outlet stores in the lanes off Queens Road for baby clothes as their Baby GAP jumpsuits (onesies) are so cheap. Was there yesterday and they had English brand George leggings for $10 each! And Baby GAP long sleeve jumpsuits for $25 so stocked up for baby #2 arriving in winter.

Our first baby was born in winter too and I found that the long sleeve jumpsuits and leggings (with or without feet) were easier than the sleep suit all in ones with feet. Easier to just have them in long sleeve jumpsuits at home and in bed if they are swaddled and then add leggings when you go out.

SB2
    Hi starbucks2,

I just like to ask about this baby`s outlet store that you were talking about. Do you mind if i ask you the address or what exit at the mtr should i get out? I would like to go there and buy some baby`s clothes.. I really want to get this GAP stuff coz i heard they have really good ones.. Thanks & hope to see your reply... x

:-)
    Bubi

Hi bubi

Happy to share but hope the directions make sense ...

The store is part of "the lanes" which are off Queens Road Central (Li Yuen Street East and Li Yuen Street West). If you are taking the MTR, its the stop for Central and then find your way to H&M on Queens Road. If you go down the lane which is opposite H&M on Queens Road (next to McDonalds) it is about the first or second store on the left. Opposite a man selling silky dressing gowns from a stall. Can't remember the name of the shop but it is up 2 or 3 big steps and is all open at the front. It has kids stuff on one side and ladies on the other. There is also an upstairs part with different things. GAP jumpsuits downstairs and cheap baby leggings upstairs. Good luck! The next few shops down the row are also good and worth a look.

SB2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12