Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jar baby food

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Jar baby food

We're going on a short 4 day trip with our 6.5 month old son next month. We've been cooking his solid meals since he started solids. But when we go on this trip, we will need to give him jar baby food...any suggestions on which brands people like? Thanks.

yonge is offline Registered User

When we travelled earlier this year, my younger son would not take jar food after being fed from home made baby food since he was introduced to solids, so I would recommend that you start mixing some jar food now into his food, so that he gets introduced to the taste. Also bring along some rice cereal, which you can alway mix with apple or pear puree, if you get really desperate. I was completely not prepared for my son to reject his bottle food, but in the end, he was willing to accept any brand, as long as I doctored it up a bit with rice cereal and one or two "fresh" ingredients.

southside852 is offline Registered User

We always traveled with the organic jars - earth's best, Holle and Only Organic, but I think at that age it doesn't really matter - organic vs. non-organic. I am sure heinz is great too. Our son loved the combinations of organic jars for some reason though and as he got older then seemed to also have the best combinations of ingredients, were thicker and chunkier and had larger jars which was important to us especially after 12 months.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)

I use Only Organic and Heinz Organic. I prefer Only Organic as the fruit varieties taste really nice.

LeahH is offline Registered User

I find Ella's kitchen organic squeezy packets invaluable for travelling. The vegetable ones are mixed with fruit which make them very tasty and they pack into hand luggage super easy. Though my youngest (7 months) has had all home cooked food so far, on this trip he's eaten the Ella's kitchen stuff no problem and had it mixed into stuff I've been able to cook fresh. I find mixing fruits and bananas, avocados and lightly boiled root vegetables together is pretty easy on holiday - I just brought my hand mixer with us.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

My favourite is Only Organic. They have interesting varieties and the ingredients don`t have a lot of fillers like `organic` flour. This is the main reason I don`t like Heinz. Even their organic line has a lot of filler in it, and then water(doesn`t make sense to have both), so for the price you pay, it doesn`t make sense.
    For traveling, you can`t beat Gerber Organics in the plastic pack, not jar. They are mostly single ingredient except for the fruit varieties. Lightweight and tasty.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Where can I buy Only Organic, Gerber Organics in a plastic pack, Ella's Kitchen squeezy packs?

Also, may be a silly question - but do other mommies warm up jarred baby food before serving it? Or just give it at room temperature? Thanks again!

gladyswly is offline Registered User

I do warm up jar food before serving, microwave is my friend. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast