Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Teacher not caring enough.

Hunter is offline Registered User

Teacher not caring enough.

My boy has been sick for a week by now, and his teacher has not given us a single call. How should I raise this issue to the school without jeopardizing my son's school life? he is now in K1.

I think the teacher is not caring enough and I would really like to get the Principal's attention about this matter.

HK2008 is offline Registered User

I don't know what is considered the norm here, but I wouldn't expect the teacher either here or in Australia to call and check out my kids in this situation(WOULD've been nice though)...I cannot comment on whether this in any way demonstrates lacking of care etc., to me when the kids are back home, it is parents responsiblity to care for them...

Just my thought...
    I'm sorry to hear that your boy is ill and hope he gets better soon:)

spockey is offline Registered User

I have worked in a local primary and high school. In general, the local school scene/culture is a little more caring than the average international school i reckon. If a child has not turned up for a week, at least the class teacher would have rung. It's quite the norm.

HK2008 is offline Registered User

That's really nice, then! Great to know...Yeah come to think of it, I'd be most definitely feeling more heart-warming to receive a call like that...But but but I'd never received one to date, so I kind of don't expect it any more...

rani is offline Administrator

I've never received a call either.

geomum is offline Registered User

One week is a long time, I think the teacher should have called. But just wondering if you called up the school and let them know your son wasnt coming because he was unwell??

Emilyli is offline Registered User

Which school you guys study in ?
    My daughter go to Montessori Playgroup only (little Mon), she been sick for a week, but their staff called me on the first day already and ask why my daughter didn't attend school. And then they also call me to ask if I want to arrange the make up class for my daughter as well. I think they are quite nice.
    Please let me know which KG , I don't want to let my daughter join in a school who doesn't care of her. Thank you.

Bumps Guest

I would recommend not posting the Kindergarten's name as it could be deemed as defamation.
    Anyway, personally, I believe it is the parent's responsibility to call the school to inform what is wrong with the child, how long they may be out for and if they can come and collect homework. Does your work call you to see how you are? Just a thought?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast