Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yet another question on nursery/kindergarten

Neha is offline Banned
    pekip is from birth to 10 months only . most other playgroups start when ur child can start walking

reei is offline Registered User
    i dont send my girl to any playgroup. she is 14 months old now.
    the one time, i wanted to bring her to free trial, she was sleeping at home, so i didnt wake her up.

carang is offline Registered User
    depends on the playgroup. we accept babies from 10 months, but i always suggest that parents wait a little, like maybe closer to a year before they start.

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    I think it depends on the child. I've been feeling that lately my 21mth old 'needs' a bit more and there's only so much I can do with him at home (until he can start doing some arts and crafts, I suppose). At the mo, he's going to playgroup once a week and one kindermusik class. I actually want him to do one more day of playgroup. We go to Vic Park and have an occasional playdate with a neighbour but that's about all.

We've got pre-nursery interviews lined up next month and I only plan on starting him in Aug 2010 (he'll be 2yrs 7mths by then). I believe in spending more quality time with them before they actually start their 5-day week school life.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    depends on the playgroup. we accept babies from 10 months, but i always suggest that parents wait a little, like maybe closer to a year before they start.
    Makes sense ...

LeahH is offline Registered User
    I also think it depends on the child and also how much other social interaction they are getting.

My daughter started with Pekip when very young, then added Mygym plus one short session of formal playgroup at Woodlands a week as an introduction.

She then progressed to three 2 hr sessions a week accompanied by either me, my husband or helper when she was 18 months.

She's now 2 years, 3 months and goes on her own to Woodlands for those same three short sessions a week. We are not going to send her 5 days a week until she is 3 and going to Nursery - it's nice to have two days of relaxed mornings, no rushing etc.

She has informal playgroup (helpers getting together at our houses) in our building on both 'off' days, plus one afternoon with another group of friends so plenty to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12