Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What`s for breakfast, Moms?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Organic baked beans? hehe, what will they think of next?
    Guess I`ll be on the lookout for that and the vegemite then. Oh, and is the vegemite organic? (kidding) Thanks a lot!

Bumps Guest
    Egg yolks are healthy? From my knowledge this food is high in Saturated Fat, and very high in Cholesterol. Baked beans are a good option - you can make your own if you are concerned about additives - they always turn out the best anyway.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    You didn`t know that egg yolks were healthy too?
    They actually relatively low in saturated fat(1/3). They are a great source of protein, even without the whites, when you`re not eating meat. Here`s more from Healthy Homemade Baby Food Recipes, Make your baby homemade baby food with our easy baby food recipes, solid food tips, baby nutrition & more!
    The egg yolk contains the following:

all of an egg’s vitamin A, D, and E;
    almost all the vitamin B12, choline, folic acid and vitamin B3;
    76% of the biotin,
    73% of the inositol,
    50% of the niacin,
    93% of the vitamin B6,
    42% of the riboflavin,
    90% of the thiamin
    44% of the protein
    and substantial portions of the egg’s mineral content
    Source: The American Egg Board

Eggs Baby Food Recipes, When can Baby Eat Eggs and Egg Yolk for Homemade Baby Food, Age for Introducing Eggs to Baby and Egg Yolks to Baby

carang is offline Registered User
    there's nothing to say that a baby has to eat "breakfast food" at breakfast time... you could do rice & veg etc. as well.

pixelelf is offline Registered User
    yea, carang. my son has been eating carrot tomato pasta or shitake udon for many sunrises already. he will not settle for anything else.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I usually give weetabix with fruit and a bit of milk - different fruit every day. Although if my hubby goes and gets his Fairwood breakfast, my daughter ends up with bits of his ham, sausage, macaroni, toast, etc ;) I don't really do hot breakfasts except for special occasions, so I don't want my daughter to get used to them and expect them - so it's just cereal for her. I made the change from rice cereal to weetabix when she was about 10 or 11 months old. It's still probably not her favourite thing in the world, it's the meal that I have to coax her to eat, but I do want her to get into the cereal for breakfast idea while she's young to make my life easier when she's older. Wish it wasn't too late to teach my hubby to eat cereal for breakfast - it's a hot breakfast or nothing at all for him ;)

LeahH is offline Registered User
    We make bircher muesli which is super easy (organic oats, apple juice, raisins, milk and/or greek yoghurt all soaked together overnight) and we all eat it. Every other day my daughter has a poached egg spread onto little squares of toast which she loves.

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    My doctor friend told that egg is a 'whole food'. if your child did not eat much on that day, give him an egg, that will serve almost all the vitamin for the day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast