Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

What`s for breakfast, Moms?

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    thanka2, how do you prepare the egg and cheese? Fry or steam? thanks!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I know I'm not thanka2 - but when I give my daughter eggs, this is what I usually do...

put an egg or two (or more if we're gonna be sharing) in a microwave proof bowl
    put in a dash of milk and a tiny bit of butter (about half a teaspoon full)
    add a bit of grated cheese or other stuff if you're in the mood (could add bits of ham or whatever really)
    microwave for a minute, stir, another minute etc until cooked.

It's really easy and takes no time at all. Good with toast, although my 1 year old will just pick the egg off the toast and eat it all separately. It's easier to feed her the egg with a spoon. She LOVES it and will eat heaps. We sometimes do that for lunch or dinner, not usually for breakfast - but it's the same thing regardless...

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Nicolejoy,

At what age did you give your daughter egg? Did you start with the whole egg or just the yolk. My son is nearly 11 months and I was going to wait till 1 year, but eggs are so easy and I'm running out of food ideas too.

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    For me I started giving my baby egg yolk first when she was about 9months+, and I started giving her whole egg when she is 11 months, which is now, I have been giving her whole egg for about 2-3weeks now. But when I make the egg, I always steam it with other veggies, like spinach, peas, etc. I always give my baby egg whenever my fridge is empty with meat suitable for her or whenever I run out of ideas about what kind of meat to make for her. Egg is just so easy and good source of protein!! And it's so soft my baby loves it cuz she is lazy to chew!

LeahH is offline Registered User
    The other thing I do when out of ideas is make a smoothie with banana, fruits etc., milk and yoghurt then crumble in a kids cereal bar and whizz it up. The organix oat and fruit bars are good and have no wheat. It comes out like those 'breakfast smoothies' at Mix, is easy to drink and makes a bit of a change.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by karmah1 View Post
    Nicolejoy,

At what age did you give your daughter egg? Did you start with the whole egg or just the yolk. My son is nearly 11 months and I was going to wait till 1 year, but eggs are so easy and I'm running out of food ideas too.
    My doctor told me to introduce egg white before the 12 month immunisations so we know whether there are allergies or not... I researched it a bit and found that a good way to introduce was to slowly add a bit of egg white to the egg yolk until you're giving the entire egg. I found it a pain to separate the eggs all the time and introduced whole egg around 10-11 months. They are so easy and a lot of good stuff in them!! And my daughter LOVES them too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123