Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

OB/Gyn referrel Needed where is DR. D?

slingblade is offline Registered User

OB/Gyn referrel Needed where is DR. D?

Hello,

Short background: Wife is breech at 36 weeks. Dr. in Philippines has told her, b/c of size of baby, will need C-SXN. Now hospital in HKG is asking us to goto private doctor for clearer scan of baby which is it breech

Hosp. doctors are pushing for version (moving the baby via external stimulus) to get her out of breech.

We don't feel good about this.

Many months ago, we visited DR. D, in our early stages. He has since retired. Is there another Dr. out there, that has the same "bed-side" wonderful manner as he? Still want a reasonable price, and this may be a one time deal with them, as we will still go public hospital for birth.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Sling

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    The hospital that your wife go to did not do scan of the baby? My son was breech too and they suggested pushing version too but told me it can be painful for some and also sometimes the baby is back to breech even he/she is head down. The hospital set a date for me to have C but told me to go hospital if there is any sign of labour. on the last minute before wheeled me to the operation room, doctor said lto have last U/sound to check the baby's position to spare me from 'knife'. well, knife was on my tummy an hour later...... no regret.

slingblade is offline Registered User
    The hospital is scanning the baby, but they don't tell us much. Normally just hand us a piece of paper for the next appointment.

My brother, a Dr. in the US, after I told him about our 'options', he told me very quickly, C-sxn is the way to go, hands down.

So as things are coming to a head, I hope we get this fixed.

Thanks,

reei is offline Registered User
    my baby was breech too. i was at QE, they scan the baby. sometimes during check up, the doctor will touch my stomach and able to tell me the position of my baby.
    i was given a choice , either to try to push baby, head down, or.. just have c-section. i opt for the latter.
    i checked into the hospital a day before operation and was scanned to confirm.
    had c-section at QE, they were very professional, so it was good.