Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Bed bugs?

mommybee is offline Registered User

Bed bugs?

We got a new custom-made bed for our 22-months old two weeks ago. After sleeping in it for about a week, he developed a pimple like reddish spots all over his back and his legs. We suspect that there maybe bedbugs hidden in the new bed/mattress but we are not certain. We are not sure whether these spots are caused by bug-bites or could they be an allergic reaction my son has towards the wood or the paint on the wood? We are tempted to change the entire bed to a steel bed, but we are not certain if that would solve the problem. These spots become very itchy for him and he would wake up crying in the middle of the night for hours. Has anyone experienced this before that can shed some lights for me?

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    Bedbug bites tend to be in a row --neat, not random. I'd forgotten the name of the company, but there is one in HK that comes to your place and fumigates everything (supposedly non-toxic). They probably would do at least two go's to ensure that even the 'eggs' get taken care of.

Portia is offline Registered User
    I'm sure you can Google and find out what bed bug bites look like. But from what I've read about bed bugs, you should take urgent action to find out because they can spread to other soft furnishings and become a major headache to get rid of.

gladyswly is offline Registered User
    I read about bed bug the other day on newspaper and it says HK has gotten rid of bed bugs for 30 years, most bed bugs in hk now is from DH from other countries. Do you have a DH in your home? From what I read on the newspaper, bed bug is deep brown in color, and about 5mm long, very ugly looking... (I hate all kinds of bugs!!). My baby girl got eaten up one time too, she had red spots all over and they are in circular patterns.. she would wake up in the middle of the night crying too. We took her to the doc and the doc said the rash looks like allergy, she was prescribed with some anti-histamine and steriod cream. But later that day we found out it's not the allergy, it's the bedding linens she was sleeping with, because I changed her bed sheet and blankie the night before and the blankie has been put inside a walldrobe for a while, I guess maybe something from the walldrobe gets on the blankie and thus on the bed and eat her. I changed the whole beddings and clean the crib and the walldrobe then it doesnt happen again.

I hope you get it sorted out soon. Its hard for the little one.

Scroll to top