Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

GEOX vs. Steve Madden

thanka2 is offline Registered User

GEOX vs. Steve Madden

To the big-footed ladies on this forum:

I have a horrible time trying to find good womens' dress/work shoes here in Hong Kong. Normally, I wear a size 42 shoe.

Today, I stopped by a GEOX store in Telford Plaza and tried on a size 40 "loafer" shoe and it was TOO BIG! This seriously was one of the most comfortable shoes (that actually fit!) I've ever tried on in HK.

My friend suggested checking out Steve Madden as well. I've looked online and most of SM's shoes are much cheaper than GEOX (because they don't have the "breathe" function?)

So, what I'm looking for is a flat "loafer" or even a "mocassin" type shoe that I can wear with trousers on jeans. I need something that is so comfortable that I could walk around Hong Kong all day and still be comfortable wearing it. I don't mind forking out $1000-1500 HKD if the shoe is super comfortable and durable. (At this stage, the only thing that would make my feet grow bigger would be pregnancy so it's not like I'm going to "outgrow" the shoe anytime soon).

So, for any of you ladies who have bought and wear either GEOX or Steve Madden and have bigger feet (wide and big especially), how are those shoes working out for you? Do you think they are durable? Would you buy another pair?

Really looking for responses. Thanks!

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    I have two pairs of GEOX flat loafers that I constantly live in. I've never worn anything so comfortable. And yes the sizing is bigger than normal. I've had a broken foot and ankle so buying shoes is always a problem for me as the injured foot is nearly a size smaller than the other and I have to wear an orthotic insert. GEOX are the only shoes I've found that are so comfortable to be in all day long. They are expensive but look out for the sales...and i think even Wing On sell them too. I've worn one pair for over 2 years and the soles are only now starting to wear out. I've also bought some shoes from ECCO, they make really comfortable sandles and high heals.

The only bad thing with GEOX is that they don't have a store in Australia!! I will have to come back to HK to buy more!

Sorry can't comment on Steve Madden, I always walked past the store in IFC but never went in.

rani is offline Administrator
    Have a friend who swears by GeoX too.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Perhaps something has changed, but Steve Madden shoes are more decorative(stylish) than super comfortable.

But perhaps I am thinking (longingly) of my old SM high heeled boots from days of yore. sigh.

snagito is offline Registered User
    Geox in Taikoo Shing always seems to have better deals check them out, we've bought great sandals there -cheaper than Dr Kong!

chrissy2 is offline Registered User
    Geox all the way..Steve Madden has prettier styes but hurt my feet...There is a show store in Tung Chung at the outlet mall called Rockport they have your size and are good prices...I buy my work shoes there...they have really good dress shoes with bigger sizes, like Geox I wear a 41 but can fit into there 40..!!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies, guess it's GEOX for me! My back will be so relieved!