Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

which formula for 8 months old?

lisa88 is offline Registered User

which formula for 8 months old?

my baby (almost 8 months) has been exclusively breastfed. She started solids at 5+ months and is having a varied menu. She has a good appetite and enjoys eating. My milk supply is dwindling as I reduced from 6 milk sessions/24 hours to 4 sessions/24 hours in the past 2 months or so. The amount I can pump has also dropped sharply. Am trying to decide how best to go forward: 1) formula? if so, which one? 2) lots of dairy in baby's meals? I still plan to breastfeed her for as long as she is willing and I have some milk, but I don't think she is getting enough, maybe 300mls breastmilk per day, max. She is very healthy and active generally. What to do?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I`m sure you`ll get lots of advice about what to do, and to formula feed or not, so I won`t go there:)
    I now give my baby 9.5 months Bellamy`s Organic Step 2 formula. Even after a long breastfeeding session (the one before bed, one of the only ones i do now), he will still take a good 200 mls of formula.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    My son started on Enfamil, for some reason he didn't like the Bellamy's Organic. You can get small tins of formula to try to see if your baby likes it rather than buy the the big tins.

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    thank you both! will try out the small tins as suggested. Where to find Bellamy's Organic?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Good question. I ordered it from babycentral.com.hk, who deliver it to your door. Am looking to buy it at a shop though, to avoid using my credit card, but don`t know where.

loveask is offline Registered User
    they have them at 360 stores

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    I like the Hipp Organic formula - Bumps to Babes and 360 sell it. Good to get one which is stocked in a few different shops as I find that 360 and Bumps to Babes often sell out but never seem to sell out at the same time! So it helps to have somewhere else to get it from.

My advice would also be to try and get your baby to take a variety of different brands of formula so that you don't have problems when you go on holiday or when your brand is sold out. Our now 20 month old was almost exclusively breastfeed to 11 months except for one formula feed at night and we switched brands almost every second tin to make sure he was adaptable to slightly different tastes and textures. Now when we go "home" to our home country, we don't need to lug a holiday worth of HK bought formula and can buy some off the shelf when we get there.

SB2