Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vomiting and tummy pain

sandy0741 is offline Registered User

vomiting and tummy pain

My son was sick this Saturday and he has vomited more than 5 times, I took him to see a doctor in the morning, but he still vomits, then I took him to see another doctor in the afternoon, later he stops after an hour, yesterday he didn't vomit but wasnt eating much. I gave him some soup ,which he drank just 2 spoons and some bread, I gave him some congee, but he didn't eat, then he asked for milk at night, which I just gave him a less diluted one, now in the morning, he vomits again,what should i do?
    should i take him to another doctor?

geomum is offline Registered User
    Did the doctor tell you why he was vomitting or did he try to find out? Any medication?

carang is offline Registered User
    you don't say how old your little one is...but my rule of thumb... if you are asking, "should i take him to the doctor?"
    then the answer is usually, YES.

i would probably by-pass the doctor and go to the nearest A&E dept. you may have to wait, but at least you'll be at the hospital...

southside852 is offline Registered User
    yep, I would have gone straight to the A & E for help. Our son had that too once night and we were at Adventist for over an hour. turned out he had a gastro infection, but the worry is that your child is becoming dehydrated. I think we were prescribed anti-naseau pills. I was just feeding our son whatever he wanted whenever he wanted it. There was no routine and I made sure he had a couple of water bottles throughout our apartment so he could just drink as he played.

He is 3 , we did give him a lot of water, I took him to two private doctors already, but he vomit again today in the morning, the doctor we visited said he has indigestion. I did hear the grrrrrrr... sound his tummy made, my helper still gave him the medicine, but now he hasn't vomit, how long will this condition last?

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Did both doctors say it was indigestion? This sounds really, really strange. I would visit another doctor as this has now gone on for 3 days. What did he vomit up this morning (it seems from your post that he didn't eat anything this morning)? Is he vomiting bile?

yes, both said indigestion, in the morning, he just drank milk, than he just vomit what he drank, i m taking him to another doctor if it doesn't work out,if it is indigestion, after so much vomiting,it should have cleared up,but just don't know why it take him so long, he was ok - i mean not vomiting , maybe because of the medicine, yesterday i didn't give him the medicine on vomit as said by the doctor to feed him if necessay , but today he vomit again, I am really worried about him

carang is offline Registered User
    take him to the hospital... forget the private doctors!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast