Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Maygi Post Natal Massage and Binding?

woodstock07 is offline Registered User
    It's a normal massage (with massage oil) followed by the tummy binding. Each session is around 1 hour. She puts some herbs on your stomach area and uses a very long piece of cloth to wrap tightly round the whole abdominal area. You will look somewhat like a mummy (pun unintended!). It's recommended to keep the wrap on for 24 hours, so do have a shower before the session begins. The herbs and wrap is supposed to help squeeze out the unwanted gas inside the body.

For home visits, she charges $850 per session or $8000 for 10 sessions. On top of that, there is a transportation charge which varies depending on where you stay.

This is her website Maygi

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Thanks!! If not for home visits, where is her office?

This herb and wrap, does it smell and is it dry? :)

You find it helpful? I think I have a lot of gas in my tummy haha.

woodstock07 is offline Registered User
    not sure where her office is. perhaps you can give her a call. her email response is slow.

the herbs has a smell but not awful. it's a bit damp when applied and it's can ce itchy when dried.....and you can't scratch because you're all wrapped up...:(

i think it's helpful, especially the first time. but i think the effect diminishes with each session. but i find that if i don't wear the support belt diligently, the tummy comes back a bit but of course not as bloated as before.

Where do you buy the support belt? Thanks.

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    she was subletting rooms in Central and TST when I went to her in April. At that time, she told me she had found a permanent place in TST and would be renovating it. Best to call her mobile, she does not regularly check her emails.

Yes the massage, the herbs and oil are all good for expelling wind and toning the abdominal massage. I also found the lymphatic draining massage good (though I went to another therapist for that).

The corset or girdle can be bought easily. Maygi recommended a particular brand found at Seibu, but there are tons of postnatal corsets to be found in maternity wear stores and baby/maternity sections of dept stores. I even found some good ones in Chicco baby stores.

Did you find that 10 sessions were necessary? What would you recommend to be the optimal number of sessions? Thanks!

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    Personally, I don't think that 10 sessions, although good to have, are "necessary". I could have had less sessions and just worn the corset for extended periods at home. It really depends on what you want to achieve and what you are willing to do to achieve it. It's hard for me to say what the optimal number of sessions would be. Maygi told me of her other customers who are actresses and models who booked for 20 sessions because they wanted/needed to get back into shape, fast. Do you want to clear the water retention/wind/tone up? how much did you gain during pregnancy and lose afterwards? do you want to fit back into your pre-pregnancy clothes? do you expect a completely flat tummy? how much discomfort are you willing to put up with? how much are you prepared to spend? Maggie's treatments are not cheap. I seem to recall she had packages for 5 or 7 sessions as well, but you could choose a 10 session package or even more. All these plus the considerations I listed out in the earlier post.

Natty13 is offline Registered User
    Hi, has anyone tried Maygi's tummy binding recently? Dose it work?I just gave birth to my baby 2 months ago and really want to get back to shape now. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast