Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Maygi Post Natal Massage and Binding?

Thouarella is offline Registered User

Maygi Post Natal Massage and Binding?

Hello!

Has any tried Maygi for the post-natal massage and tummy binding? I would like to do this post delivery. Was thinking of hiring someone over from Singapore/Malaysia, but if this lady is good then it'll save me a lot of hassle!

Thanks in advance.

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Does tummy binding really work?

I was told by the locals that it's important (actually they said it's necessary) to wear these tummy binding, body sculpting lingerie to help the tummy recover. Did anyone of you try that? Is it good?

I tried once, it was pretty uncomfortable and gave me major muffin top :) Can't imagine wearing it to bed! But it does remind me to contract my muscle and hold my core in ....

You're right - I have no idea if it works at all, would love to hear people's opinions. Scientifically I guess it would be hard to prove if it helps seeing as people return to their normal size at different rates. Anecdotally I have a two friends who said that the first few post-wrapping sessions were really useful in shrinking their bellies. One of them had it several months after birth and said it was quite useful - although she said the massage was the very best bit! She didn't leave the band on the whole time.

I tried lymphatic massage that is supposed to help with the water retention. Crazy painful!!!

lisa88 is offline Registered User

I went to Maygi in April this year, 2 months after giving birth. Had 10 sessions with her. The wrap certainly helped to shrink my tummy, I'd say about 60-70%, but did not get me back to pre-pregnancy shape in that 7 week period. A lot will depend on your age, metabolism, your skin elasticity, and overall fitness level PLUS the length of time you keep the wrap on. If you want a totally flat tummy then be prepared to bind your tummy (wrap, corset, whatever) for 24 hrs/day for 6 months!! It's really up to you how much discomfort you are prepared to put up with in the name of beauty. I grew up in Malaysia so I knew of many Malay and Indonesian women who bound their tummies post natal for many months to get back their figures. After I finished the wrap sessions it was breastfeeding that reduced my tummy. Maygi was pretty chaotic at managing her schedule though - lots of last minute changes, even 15 mins beforehand as I was already on my way to her appointments. Once or twice might be ok but she kept chopping and changing slots virtually every session. I had lymphatic massage a few months later and that was helpful too; not unpleasant or uncomfortable either.

Thanks for your feedback Lisa88!

woodstock07 is offline Registered User

I had 2 sessions of the tummy binding massage with Maygi. I think it certainly helps to shrink the tummy (not all of it but significant) but I heard from my friends in Singapore (who did similar type of massage) that only the first few times are effective and it's not really necessary to do 10 sessions. I personally think that Maygi's massage is not fantastic but the tummy binding at the end of massage is good. You also need to maintain the shape by wearing a support belt/ band after you complete the sessions.

Yes, her scheduling is quite chaotic. I booked her 4 weeks before I give birth, confirmed the dates again when I gave birth but somehow the booking still got lost when I tried to reconfirm 1 week before the scheduled date. I had to give her quite a bit of grief before she squeezed me in.

Hi Woodstock07, how does the tummy binding massage work? Is it a massage, followed by binding? Does she provide the binding and how long you have to wear it for?

I'll like to give it a try, may I have her number pls? Thank you!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast