Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Can babies use blankets?

LeahH is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong, Mid Levels
    Hi Kyojee

I use the standard weight go go bag for summer and the duvet weight for winter. In Jan and Feb on really cold nights I usually have a heater on low in the room as well (with a bowl of water but might get a humidifier this year).

Shenzhennifer is so right, the apartments here have zero insulation so even though the temperature is not as cold as home, it feels freezing inside!

The kids wear one piece, long sleeve, footed cotton suits inside the duvet bag in winter.

Short sleeve, no legs suits in the summer and long sleeve no legs suits in spring and autumn in the standard bag.

kyojee is offline Registered User
    Tai Hang
    Hi LeahH & Shenzhennifer,

Thank you for sharing your experience! Seems like a heater would be quite essential! We are managing with a bodysuit + sleepsuit now without a sleeping bag. Maybe she's been waking at night a little chilled. I have a 1 tog which I use on some cooler nights, but it definitely won't be enough for the colder months ahead. Was a little undecided between a 2.5tog sleeping bag or the merino ones, will give the woolie ones a shot. =)

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Would strongly suggest that you check the grobag website for the clothing suggestions for the different tog rated bags for various room temperatures. We never used a heater in the baby's room but instead put more clothes on. Nothing worse for a baby (especially a little baby) than being too hot.

lucmas is offline Registered User
    I have found that there are some brands (i.e. Hallmark, which can be found in Sogo and Ocean Terminal, and Enfant, which can be found in Wing On) have really thick one piece outfits that babies could wear to bed. I was thinking of putting my baby in one of those outfits and then a sleeping bag if it gets really cold.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123