Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

kids birthday party supplies...where to go in Sham shui po (going there tomorrow)

rs2000 is offline Registered User

kids birthday party supplies...where to go in Sham shui po (going there tomorrow)

Hi All,

Need your help here. I plan to goto sham shui po tomorrow to get party supplies (some stuff for the party bags for kids) and other decoration etc supplies for my daughter's birthday.

We will be travelling next week so tomorrow is the only day I can do.

Please helo giving some directions as to where are these kind os shops (MTR Exit..street names etc). I will definitely get lost otherwise

Many many Thanks for the help!

carang is offline Registered User
    i think you'd be better off going to wanchai for party supplies. SSP has more buttons, sequins & beads... there are also electronics and computers etc. but not much in the way of toy shops etc...at least not from my travels in the area over the past 12 years(my in-laws live there).

arleneli is offline Registered User
    it is near the golden computer center.... Sham shui Po exit A .... lots of shops... some give you retail price if you buy over 400 on the same range of products

hmmm... must have missed it... will check it out next time. thanks!

rani is offline Administrator
    I think its called Fuk Wing St. They have all the same stuff that you see in the street markets. If you buy over $300, they'll give you wholesale pricing and its 50% off. Have never seen decorations.

hmmmm.... great to know... now that i think about it, i may remember discovering that street years ago, but becuase it was such a long time ago, i kinda forgot it existed...will be making a trip there soon!

cannonball is offline Registered User
    Hello,

Does anyone know a place where I can get helium balloons at a reasonable price?

I heard Spotlights in Megabox is going out of business as of tomorrow and the store in Princes Buidling is so expensive.

We are having a b-day party for our 2 kids and will need at least 20-30 of those nice cartoon helium balloons. We will also need other birthday party supplies.

Thanks for your help!

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hi For those foil helium balloons, try your neighbourhood florist. We got some from a local florist in Happy Valley. Quite garish colours (!) but the kids loved them, and they were about $25/$35 each (can't remember exactly). Three weeks later and they're still floating around in the living room!