Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

crib mobile

stamcel is offline Registered User

crib mobile

Hello all,

We are looking to buy a mobile for our 2 month old son, there are so many to choose from.
    any recommendations? the first years, fisher price, etc..

thank you,
    stamcel

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I like the Fisher Price rainforest one. What I like about it is that the mobile detaches and you can use the rest of it as a night light with music. A cot mobile is really only good for babies before they can stand in the cot and pull on them - then it becomes a hazard and you need to take them down. But if you can take off the mobile, you can still use it past that stage. My one year old still likes the night light, and if she wakes up at night, she knows how to turn it on. So I'm really happy with the one that we got!!

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Uh...not a big fan of crib mobiles at all. Our son was so irritated by his we actually never even used it. We tried it out with him but he didn't like it at all. We thought he would but was a total waste of money. BTW--if anyone want's to buy a new crib mobile, let me know. :)

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User

vtech is good.

southside852 is offline Registered User

we bought a baby einstein one and it lasted until 6 months when he figured out how to stand, crab the animals and then pull them down from the mobile. looking back it kind of seems like a waste of money since it will have to come down once they can stand. i think next time i would invest more in toys that can be clipped to the side of their cots to look it rather than above.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

We bought the Peter Rabbit and friends one but it was VERY hard to find. Love it and used it until baby could sit up and pull at it. Nice music too.

reei is offline Registered User

i have vtech one, the big mother duck , with 3 little ducklings. costs around hkd300 from eugene club. has nightlight, musics, light that shoots up the ceiling.. showing stars and moon.. and will be turn on automatically when baby cries or when the vacumn is in the room.
    anyway, i like nicolejoy's one,, where you can use as night light past one year old.