Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

genital tip red

hannahgoff is offline Registered User

genital tip red

My DS is 7 months and I took him to see my ped today for a vaccination shot and flu shot. The ped checked my son's penis and pulled back a bit to check the hole. I never touched my son's penis tip other than a gentle rising with water during bath. After we came back, during his bath, I noticed my son's penis became very red on the tip. I thought it was just a rash but then at 8pm, he started serious vomiting (first time ever) and that lasted about a hour (vomit 5 to 6 times). Have anyone else had similar situation? I called my doctor and he said its not related to the penis nor flu shots. Well, I am just wondering is anyone else's ped did the same thing at check up (was that normal) and if anyone else's baby vomited after flu shots? I am very worried and thinking about staying up all night to keep a eye on my DS.

yonge is offline Registered User
    Your son probably had a virus - almost all viruses are preceded/accompanied by a rash somewhere on their bodies - even the penis, but most people don't notice. It sounds like he might not have had any other visible symptoms, but may have had mucus accumulating in his stomach and needed to get it out one way (vomiting) or another (pooing). Having his shots on the same day he threw up was most likely coincidence. I'm pretty strict about the children's vaccinations and have seen vominating as a side effect.

As for the penis, is your son circumcised? Both my sons are, but the younger one's wasn't done as tightly as my elder one's (grrrr), so we have to pull it back and clean it from time to time. If he's not circumcised or circumcised "loose", he'll need some cleaning from time to time to prevent any accumulation of things like diaper cream, old skin cells, bacteria, etc. which can cause further rashes. Hopefully, all is well by now!