Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory


Eye specialist for glaucoma?

  1. #1
    lisa88 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Eye specialist for glaucoma?

    any recommendations for a good ophthalmologist for glaucoma? most ophthalmologists I came across do Lasik - very lucrative I guess. The HK ophthalmologist I see is so conservative, he will hardly give any advice.

  2. #2
    1stimemum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    bel air

    hi, I"m not sure if you're this is what you're looking for. I go to HK Sanatorium in Happy Valley. I have several eye issues and have seen all the private (and expensive) doctors in Central that cater to expats...and finally found the right doctors in HK Sanatorium.

    Their Opthalmology dept is large and extensive with all the latest equipment and medication. The only problem is the wait can be very long. My first appt was an 1hr and half!!!! but subsequent ones become much shorter.

    Also they have a clinic in Central where all the doctors do a rotation so u can start there.

    Hope this helps.

Similar Threads

  1. Foot Specialist?
    By in forum Family Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 02:15 PM
  2. Time for a fertility specialist?
    By brightstar in forum Preconception
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 09:14 AM
  3. Endometriosis specialist
    By ariel in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 07:20 PM
  4. OB or Specialist in HK
    By jud in forum Preconception
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 02:57 PM
  5. Allergies specialist
    By glee in forum Family Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Scroll to top