Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Getting ready for Christmas

reei is offline Registered User
    get the pine smelling spray.. :)

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    As Cara said, xmas trees for commercial sale are farmed, and actually, just by growing them, oxygen is added to the air. The same cannot really be said of plastic trees, which, just by manufacturing them, the environment is being weakened.
    People do fuss a lot around xmas time whether to buy real or not. I`m curious to take a walk in their homes to see all the wooden furniture (and particleboard) and home accessories.

reei, what kind of trees do Jusco have are recyclable and environmentally friendly? Has a new producted been marketed?

I`ll probably be getting a fake one this year. Our apartment is too small to get a nice, real one. Plus, all that needle maintenance. Plus, baby is at that age where he`s just into everything. I don`t want to be constantly pulling needles out of his mouth, along with all the ornaments too.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    There's a nursery along Wong Nai Chung Rd in Happy Valley (opposite the entrance to the racetrack, close to Sanatorium). I think they do real trees. PNG Florist on the Peak does real trees (sorry, don't have contact details).

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    I'd love a real one this year but will probably wait till next year
    as toddler may impale new born with pine needles :P.

We had a fake one last year when we were in a smaller home which we had to chuck after christmas as the stand broke (this was from japan home centre) I ended up buying a pot and a bag of pebbles to balance the tree and tied a festive bow around it. Sure, it ended up looking much better but was almost needlessly expensive...attached a picture..toddler crying in front of tree - classic!

Also, apparently spotlight has a sale tomorrow (tuesday) 20% off on all Christmas items including sale items
    Attached Images Attached Images

chubbysan is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone for the great tips. I would love to get a real tree too, and am sure the kids will love it as well. We only had a small fake tree previously, & i think a real tree will be a great change for the kids & family this coming christmas.

How is it like maintaining a real tree, are they any special things that i need to take care other than watering it.

FutureHKMom, may i know how much you paid for your real tree at Central?

Really looking forward to Christmas!!!!

carang is offline Registered User
    nope, you just need to keep adding water.

i'm guessing that a tree from central is going to cost A LOT more than most other places...the trees in DB were usually around $800, if memory serves me correctly.

snagito is offline Registered User
    We have a tallish plant/sort of tree that lives on our balcony 360 days a year and then it comes indoors for Christmas (pot and all!) - we stick stuff/decorate the pot and then hang up our Christmas ornaments on the plant/tree and it looks really nice for 5 days. My nearly 4 year old is still quite enchanted by it and I hope my toddler will enjoy it this year too. Bought the plant second hand for about $200 two years ago - this will be the third Christmas that we're using it in Hong Kong :yeah2

carang is offline Registered User
    my aunt and uncle have a cool GOD cardboard tree that they tape decorations on... they've used it for about 5 or 6 years easily!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast