Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Getting ready for Christmas

chubbysan is offline Registered User

Getting ready for Christmas

This is the first year we planning to get a christmas tree in our home. We are really excited about it, & still debating if we should get a real or fake tree. Can you share where we can shop for a christmas tree and if there is any place that we can get a good bargain.

thank you very much!

carang is offline Registered User

IKEA seem to have the cheapest trees around... about $569 for a 2m tree (including stand). if you order before November 15, they offer free delivery.

for me, nothing beats a real tree. before kids, i never did a real one... since kids we've ONLY had real ones. MUCH nicer, and i LOVE the smell... brings back a few good childhood memories.

Obiwan is offline Registered User

Where best to get a real tree in HK? Thanks.

the ones i am referring to at IKEA are real.

you can also get real trees at some supermarkets, all plant/tree nurseries, and the flower market in Prince Edward.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Definitely would get a real tree! We have had a real tree for the past few years and it has been really nice for us. With a baby in the house this year, we are really looking forward to decorating the tree with him! We have already ordered ours this past weekend! We ordered it from a store in Central (sorry don't know the name as hubby does the ordering) on Wellington Street just up the street from Lan Kwai Fong (before you get up to Lyndhurst Terrace). Wellington is a one way street and the store is on the right side of the street as you are driving up the street. You can't miss it as there are lots of plants and trees outside. If you order early, you can get a discount. The price includes delivery and pick up for disposal after Christmas. :)

reei is offline Registered User

fake ones you can get from jusco at a reasonable price. recyclable and environmentally friendly.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

I always grew up having a real tree and love the smell - it is Christmas for me. BUT this year we are having Christmas in HK (can't travel as #2 due in Jan) and we are going for a "nice" fake one. I agree with reei in that I feel guilty now for killing a tree just for the sake of 2 weeks of Christmas-ness. Each to their own though and I may change my mind when the house doesn't smell of Christmas!

SB2

the thing about the real trees (at least the ones you get in hk) is they are "farmed" trees... not much different than buying bread made of farmed wheat, in my opinion.

they don't just head out into virgin forest to cut down any old tree that looks good. they are planted specifically for the christmas tree market. for me, that makes me feel better for buying one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast