Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

after millions of years of evolution...

carang is offline Registered User

after millions of years of evolution...

you would think that the "once per month" curse could have been made easier... no?

yet again, EXCRUCIATING cramps, migraine headaches etc.... hopped up on pain meds that don't even begin to alleviate the pain... virtually unable to get out of bed...

let's see.... i'm 37, i started this wonderful process when i was 12... that's 25 years.... it is possible that i continue for another 20(!?!?!?!?) years....

all i can say is.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!(LUCKY HUSBAND, EH?)

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Oh dear, hang in there!!!!!!

And I was told after childbirth the cramp will be eased! I also used to have it so bad I would see stars and pass out. Ponstan helped some.

Breathe .... Breathe ..... Breathe ....

i've taken ponstan since i was about 14 years old....
    anyway... still in bed, heat pad on high, air con on too, ice pack for the headache and children banned from the room...

not a lot of fun!

arleneli is offline Registered User
    Hi...

would you consider to see chinese med practitioners??? I heard that Those in Baptist Hospital are pretty good.

karen bt is offline Registered User
    Hi Carang,
    Sorry to hear your pain, would you consider magnet therapy? I have heard, and known of someone, who has used magnets to help greatly with the monthly curse pain! I know it has helped with some of the cramps, and there are also some for migraines etc.
    Don't know if you have tried it, or anyone else has?
    Take care

thanks, guys... i'm married to a local, and to be honest, the smell of chinese medicine turns my stomach.

never tried magnet therapy... my therapy consists mostly of bedrest, LOTS of pain meds & time...

arleneli is offline Registered User
    Chinese medicine heals your body through chinese herbs and eating habits. Does your hubby knows how to help you to boil the herbs? One thing for sure, you must listen and do what they say. My pain was really minor compared to yours. But I was banned from drinking cold drinks for few months and it actually helped a lot. They say cold drinks enlarge a part of your body (i havent figure it out in english) and cause pain. I still can enjoy cold drink sometimes and I am being careful not to drink too much. My pain hasnt come back since.

yeah, i must admit, that i'm a total skeptic when it comes to chinese medicine. i'm not saying that it doesn't work, just that i think a lot of the effectiveness of it comes from people believing it will work. western medicine is constantly evolving, and i'm skeptical of chinese medicine that doesn't seem to evolve at all... to me, that says that they think they know everything there is to know about the human body, and therefore nothing needs to change any more.

thank you, though, for your thoughts and well wishes.
    ps> i could NEVER go without drinking cold drinks in hk...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast