Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Eggy bread & Mayo

geomum is offline Registered User

Vegetable cutlet recipe

Ingredients:

2 medium potatoes
    1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (green peas, carrots, green beans, corn or anything of your choice)
    2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
    2 finely chopped green chilies (optional)
    1 teaspoon salt (adjust to your taste)
    3 tablespoon All Purpose flour
    1 cup breadcrumbs
    Oil to fry

Method:

Boiled the potatoes until they are tender, drain the water and let the potatoes cool down and mash.
    Steam the chopped mixed vegetables, squeeze the vegetables to take the excess water out and pat dry.
    Mix all the ingredients together; adjust salt and pepper to your taste.
    Add 4 tablespoons of water to the All Purpose flour to make a batter and keep aside.
    With oiled hands, divide the mixture into 10 equal parts.
    Shape into flat round patties about 1/2 inch thick.
    Dip each patty in the flour batter, and roll the patty in breadcrumbs and set aside.
    Heat the oil on medium high heat in a frying pan.
    Fry a few cutlets at a time until they are golden-brown on both sides.
    Repeat this until all the cutlets are done.

(I also make this with minced chicken instead of potatoes :)

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User

This recipe sounds really yummy! Will definitely try it tomorrow. Thanks geomum.

mscheerful is offline Registered User

tofu steak: one piece of hard tofu, slice to half, place a piece of cheese and ham on one slice of the tofu and cover with the other half. sealed it with egg, roll it over all purpose flour and bread crumbs, deep fried in medium heat oil till light brown, scope up and drain of the excess oil and again with kitchen paper towel. cool down, cut to pieces or in stick shape and YUM! I usually boil some veggies to go along with it. in our family, every body loves it :)

*the ham and cheese slice has to be smaller than the tofu, if not it is hard to 'seal' it.

another thing is rice burger. I use left over rice. roll to ball and press to become patty shape. pan fried both side till golden brown (about 5-10 minutes each side). i usually add a little low sodium soy sauce to taste. i will have beef burger or turkey or salami or whatever meat we like to go with it and of cause, boil veggies. i don't use oil to fried the rice patty/burger for my kid but for us, i use a little butter. my husband loves it :P

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Thanks everyone for the good ideas. I often find it hard to think of interesting things to give him for lunch. He is a pretty good eater and usually has the leftovers from our dinner the night before for his evening meal (since our dinners are prepared too late for him to have as well). Like the sound of the vege cutlets too. And omelette would be good too.

Some more lunch ideas popped up in my mind: Quesadilla, quiche, frittata, mac & cheese (with hidden veggies).
    And something we love is a Baguette cut horizontally topped with cheddar cheese or mozzarella, chopped veggies (Corn, tomato, zucchini, peppers and olives) oregano, drip some olive oil and bake in the oven for 10-15 mins. I think you get something similar at Delifrance.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Oh I love the ones from Delifrance so will need to give that a try! Does your daughter handle the crunchy bread ok?

carang is offline Registered User

we make baguette pizzas, too.

Quote Originally Posted by starbucks2 View Post
    Oh I love the ones from Delifrance so will need to give that a try! Does your daughter handle the crunchy bread ok?
    I cut it into small pieces for her, and the olive oil keeps it slightly moist.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast