Need a cake recipe low in sugar
- 11-14-2009, 09:06 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
I think we may go with this cake:
Sugar Free Applesauce Cake - All Recipes
The main issue I've had with making an Elmo cake is getting the right color of red. Food dyes are quite harmful for little ones and make my son a bit nutty so we've come up with a creative solution to this color problem--in fact, we've found color substitutes for every color we'll need--red, orange, white and black. As we're doing cupcakes (which is actually better, I think, for little ones as it's less-crumby and pre-portioned) I've also found a great design for Elmo cupcakes.
- 11-15-2009, 07:49 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
great ideas everyone - thanks so much!
- By engee in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 10-26-2007, 05:29 AM
- By mamamau in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 0Last Post: 07-31-2006, 04:56 PM
- By firsttimemom in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 05-02-2006, 03:35 PM
- By aiden in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 6Last Post: 09-08-2005, 08:50 AM
- By HappyV in forum Family HealthReplies: 3Last Post: 05-30-2005, 12:23 PM