Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you feed your 13 month old?

Sedenya is offline Registered User

What do you feed your 13 month old?

I have a picky 13 month old baby so I was just wondering what do you feed your 13 month old for breakfast, lunch and dinner and also snacks?

Thanks.

carang is offline Registered User

both of my kids ate whatever we ate after one year of age. it makes life a LOT easier!

LUCKY!!!! Mine is too picky for that. We tried but he would throw his food on the floor!

my first was VERY picky, too... eventually WE figured out that if what we ate was the only food on offer, he would eat it... he figured it out pretty quickly, too!

he's still picky. he weighs the same as his sister who is 2 years (almost exactly) younger than he is. but, he's getting better and better every day. he now at least will try something (if i request firmly) and then decide if he likes it or not... before his automatic response was "no, i don't like that!"

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I also feed mine whatever we're eating. There are days where she is more picky than others, those days. Some days, she wants to snack all day but not really eat "meals"... I do kind of follow her lead too - but for breakfast/lunch/dinner, I just feed her the same as us.

Breakfast is generally weetabix with fruit and milk (sometimes I add raisins), lunch is toast or rice cakes with some kind of spread (vegemite, peanut butter, jam), dinner is more varied, but she loves meat, not so fond of vegetables, loves pasta, loves tofu - I've fed her even things like curry, pork cutlet, noodles... she tries everything.

pizza
    sandwiches
    sliced meat (cold cuts)
    cheese & crackers
    mac & cheese (for healthier version, add pureed carrot or cauliflower)
    homemade chicken nuggets
    mini hamburgers
    spag bol
    lasagne (if too lazy to layer it, make it using mac & cheese and just mix it all up together)
    cabbage rolls (filling either: rice, mince beef, grated carrot OR rice, raisins, cinnamon, pine nuts) (top the first one with tomato sauce~ plain variety)
    quessidilla( sp?)
    spring rolls
    fried rice
    boiled prawns/steamed fish
    chicken and eggplant curry
    cheesy eggplant (mine like it without tomato sauce a la spaghetti house)
    pancit (filipino fried noodles)

Well.......... forgot to mention he's got only 6 teeth!!!!!!!!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Even with only 6 teeth, they're able to "chew" a whole lot better than we think!! Most of the chewing is actually done with the gums. So sure, cut things like meat into small pieces, but there's no reason why 6 teeth isn't enough for most of the things mentioned there.

The only things that I can think of where chewing is an issue is whole nuts - that's because they're so hard that they're a choking hazard. But apart from them, you'd be amazed at the ability of gums ;) (probably uncooked carrot too, come to think of it... since they could bite off a chunk but then not be able to chew it...)

My daughter JUST got her first molar, so she had 8 teeth (two more than your son, but not much more biting/chewing ability without molars) and I was giving her all that stuff when she just had 6 teeth. Try it and see!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast