Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Nice Xmas tree ornaments - where?

Bess is offline Registered User

Shenzhennifer, not sure of the budget, but have you considered Swarovski. They have quite a few Chrissie decorations, some with 2009 on them

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I can't remember exactly - but they do have other store locations, the closest to you is in Jordon:

15/F., Sino Cheer Plaza, 23 Jordan Road, Kowloon
    (852) 2782 7660

It wasn't "christian" - just generic ornament. It might have been nativity, I can't remember clearly... but it did say "baby's first christmas" - I was thinking of buying it but it's my baby's 2nd christmas so I didn't ;)

carey is offline Registered User

I am also looking for clothes or gift that has " baby's first Christmas" or some writing to that effect. Now that a gift seem to be a good idea too.

I couldn't find cloth have that so far in Hongkong (never bother to try in the Mainland). I asked about it on this website and some mothers gave me suggestion where to get it but these places are all in the island which is quite far for us to travel to since we have to go all the way there from that Mainland.

There are so many expat families living in HongKong, one would think there is a market for Christmas gifts in for babies. I understand that it's important that you know where to look. I think I would tried those places suggested here when I make my next trip to HongKong.

Good luck to both of us.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Nicolejoy - thanks for the info. I`ll look into it, though if it were a nativity ornament, I don`t think I would buy it though - looking for something a bit more `secular`:)
    Bess - Hmm, that might be worth a look. I will check online and see what they look like, thanks.
    carey - Oh, I totally agree with your comment about there being so many expat families in HK, but there is a serious gap in some things, like this. I have asked so many people here, in many shops... but to be honest, I haven`t seen very many nice decorations at all. Mostly cheap-looking stuff that I wouldn`t put on my tree. Ole supermarker in SZ has some beautiful (but expensive) single decorations though. I wish I could go there (visa finished now). Just go to Ole - it will be better than what you will find here, apparently.

Happy Baby is offline Registered User

wanted to give you a head's up on where i found my ornaments. i haven't seen any baby's first christmas ornaments but i did find some nice tree decorations at papyrus. these allow you to put a small picture of your baby within the ornament. you can choose btwn a snowflake, christmas tree, snowman, etc and it was very reasonably priced at $45. there's a branch at IFC and Princes' building. Also at Prince's Building is Altfield which had a nice collection of ceramic oragami ornaments in christmas themed designs ie snowman, reindeer, snowflake, etc. these were a bit more expensive $145 but they are beautiful! they also have hand knitted cupcake and cake slice ornaments very cute!!! good luck.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Shenz - if I'm in Causeway Bay again (I think maybe Thurs I will be), I'll go have a look for you and if it's non-nativity, I could get it for you if you want... I really can't remember it too well (sorry) - and I know it's a long trip for you!!

Honkyblues is offline Registered User

Have you thought about doing your own? Just buy a nice large bauble (Indigo in Prince's Bldg, Horizon Plaza and Repulse Bay have some lovely options) and use a tube of glitter glue (try the Crayola brand available at Park n Shop or Hallmark shops) to write "baby's first christmas" on it.

I'm sure it would look lovely.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

Happy Baby - I looked on their website but couldn`t find anything like that - must be a local special. I will think about visiting their store. I was just at IFC mall this past weekend though:(

nicolejoy - OK!! Let me know! I will PM you my #.

Honkyblues - I loved crafts as a kid, but they`re just not my thing anymore. When I was pregnant, I painted and decorated a picture frame for my baby`s room. It looks like a craft. I`m not really into the craft look, unless my kid does it, of course. But hmmm...might check out that glitter glue...just in case.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123