Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Sit 'N' Stroll Car Seat - Available in Hong Kong?

papa2b is offline Registered User

Sit 'N' Stroll Car Seat - Available in Hong Kong?

Does anyone know if this is available in Hong Kong?

Sit 'n' Stroll

Also would be curious to hear your thoughts if you've used it on a flight? We have a 6 months old and are flying long-haul in a month and are exploring different options - seems my baby is too big for the regular bassinet, so we will get an extra seat, but the airline says that our current car seat is not suitable!

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    Hi papa2b

As far as I am aware, it is not available in HK. You can get them in the US and other places like Australia and NZ. They also (very rarely) come up for sale on AsiaXpat but are snapped up quick!

We have used the Sit n' Stroll for our (now) 21 month old toddler a number of times on the plane. We started using it at about 12 months when he was too big for the maxi cosi carseat. I would want to do some reading to see if a 6 month old is ok to be forward facing in the Sit n' Stroll as I understand that all carseats on planes need to be forward facing. It may be that a baby that small needs to be rear facing so it would not work for a plane. As you say, you also have to pay for a seat in order to use a carseat on board.

The other thing to note (and there was another thread recently on carseats generally on planes) is that a lot of the planes now have airbags as part of the seat belts so they no longer permit the use of carseats. I think CX has now changed all of their airbus planes to airbags in economy so no more carseats allowed. Would be worth checking with your particular airline (and aircraft type).

As to the Sit n' Stroll generally - we love it for travelling but can get heavy when the baby gets older. Easy to use at the airport with the pop out wheels and fab for taxis in HK.

SB2

yonge is offline Registered User
    A cousin from the States used it for her youngest when she came out to Asia. It's great for the plane and taxi, but beware of single file narrow escalators! It was too wide, so her husband had to carry the Sit n'Stroll with her son in it when they found themselves on such escalators - which is scary, because you really don't want to be lifting such a heavy and precious load above the escalator sides! Please look for the lift should you find yourself in a similar position or just avoid escalator only areas.

coastal is offline Registered User
    There was someone on Asiaexpat selling it about a week ago. U should scroll the older ads under the baby items section. Good luck

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    We started using one when our LO was 3 months and we love it. Now his little brother uses it. We use it for both long and short haul flights.
    Great for planes, airports, malls--anywhere the floor is nice and smooth so not so great for HK streets.
    And the comment about seat belts and newer planes is correct, which is a shame.
    Also need to make sure the seat is 18 inches or that the seat arms move up. The seat arms don't necessarily move.
    Try to go easy on the FAA approval stickers on the seat because they have saved us more than once.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    And I'd be careful on an airline where you needed to have the seat arms up to fit the car seat in the seat. Cathay flight attendants are very strict about having the seat arms down for take off and landing - no exceptions that I have seen.

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    You can usually put the arms back down, or close to being down.
    And, I have never seen them in HK. We bought ours in the USA. Delta used to sell them in their in-flight catalog, though.

papa2b is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the responses everyone! I managed to track down the one on AX and get my hands on it!

18 hour flight to NYC coming up......