Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Heaters and Babies

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User
    We recently got a panasonic split aircon with heater for our living room and its fanatastic but its damn expensive arnd 9000$ for 1.5t. Still its safe for our toddler. But does anyone if we can get window a/c also with a heating function?

miriam228 is offline Registered User
    Shwetakhanna, no cool/heat aircons are available for split aircons only, and not for window type. I've asked around too.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Our apartment complex doesn`t have split aircons (nor do they allow them) - just the crummy old fashioned kind. My apartment in SZ before (same age as this) had them - it was great.
    What`s a ceramic heater? Are those the oil filled ones that look like standing radiators? I`ve used them before and they`re really awesome, but HOT. We are thinking maybe we can just turn it on after the baby goes to bed...:(
    Sherwes - thanks for the tip about the oil filled ones that are cool on the sides. Though that might not matter when my son tries to pull up on it. I might just buy a normal one and put it on our dining table.
    Geomum- I`ll check out the ones that blows hot air too. Are they very effective, though?

Man, it is COLD!!! Get me out of here!!!
    Last edited by Shenzhennifer; 11-17-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Obiwan is offline Registered User
    Heya, it's like a fan that blows out hot air. I like the ones that can (1) swivel, (2) with an additional fan function that i can use for winter. I'm attaching a website to show you what these (as well as oil heaters) look like.

?q?x?l/?x???? Heater

right link:

?q?x?l/?x???? Heater

apology, i meant "fan function I can use for SUMMER"

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Thanks Obiwan~ I understand now. Nice to see there are so many options.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    We've never had a problem with this as we taught our son really early that a heater is hot and it's a no-no. If he got near it, he got disciplined. Now he knows to not even go near the heater. He just admires it from afar and says "hot", "hot." We were also using one when he was very small and then again at around 1-year-old. It also helps to locate the heater somewhere that is not directly in the middle of the room or put it behind something that is not easily reachable. It doesn't mean the baby won't get to it but it makes it less obvious. We have just a space heater at our house but my parents-in-law use a stand-up oil ceramic heater that gets hot but it's not the same risk as the one we have. We've actually never, ever had a problem with it. As long as you keep an eye on the baby (as you would most of the time anyway) then there's no issue, I think. And knowing my son, he's been mobile for most of his life and has been curiously getting into everything. It's just a good time to start teaching boundaries, I guess.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast